Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
    Farmdog (my brother) has the gift.

he can tell you elaborate stories about the poeple who used to live where his house sits now.

Maybe he will see this and tell his own story but he has numerous encounters with people of the past. His most frequent are friends who visit him in a dream to say goodbye. When he wakes, he learns of news that they have died. He has quite a few examples of this.
    This sounds very familiar to my experience. My encounters with 'ghosts' are far too numerous to describe and range from very minor incidences to real hair raisers. Many of these were also witnessed by family members and even became a joke with my parents that 'your ghost' is back when something would happen.

I, too, like Big Brass above posted, have been told that I have the 'gift'. I think it runs in the family and my daughter has already shown some signs of it. I usually just say I have an old soul. I've had dreams and awake premonitions that have come true down to excrutiating detail. Again, some of these were very minor, but some were so powerful and all-consuming that I could think of nothing else until the event would come to pass. They also seem to come in bursts - nothing for a while and then a flurry of activity for no apparent reason. I, too, have had precognition of either trauma and/or death of a friend or relative, sometimes in detail and sometimes just an overwhelming feeling that it's going to happen. I've also had 2 really impactful instances where I 'sensed' the impending deaths of hundreds and thousands of people and told many people that it was coming and how it would happen but there would be no way to prevent it. You can imagine their shock when it actually does happen! When this topic has come up in the past and I've told some of my stories, I usually get 'don't dream about me!" I try to reassure them I cannot control it, but for some reason I'm just supposed to know ahead of time.

Comment

My mom never said I had the "gift" but my dad said I seemed to be "touched".

Never had anything happen to me and hope I do not.

Comment

I am gonna say I do not not believe.

Comment

In the Bible Saul paid a medium to call Samuel back from the dead for guidance.He came back but Saul didn,t like the news he received. 1 Samuel 28

Comment

When we moved back to Texas from New York we rented a house in Round Rock that had a very active presence in it. It introduced itself our 1st night there. It liked to turn on/off electrical things.

My wife had a boom box that we used while we unpacked. It had a mechanical on/off switch. My mother in law was there helping us and she's a huge believer in these things. Around 2 am that morning the boom box came on at full volume!

We lived there for about a year and had incidents every couple of weeks. It would turn on the mechanical timer buzzer on the stove, turn the hallway light on and off. It even turn off a Laker - Rockets basketball game with a last second shot to win the game in the air!! It didn't limit its visits to the night time hours either. It opened the front door that we never used and always had deadbolted. We were sitting on the couch watching TV and the front door FLEW open!

It would also freak the ***X out of our cat.

I was skeptical until we lived there. We rented the house from a real estate agent and I wish I would have discussed it with her to get the home's history. It was a duplex like track house that was 10-15 years old.

Comment

Anybody ever seen any "questionable" pictures from their game cameras? I mean, you never know. Freaky things happen in the woods.

Comment

Yes sir! I do!

Comment

I dont have any "gift" or sensitivity/ precognition, but my girlfirends family FREAKS ME OUT.... They all have these dreams before stuff happens. Ive seen it countless times over the last 6 years and t is really intriguing in a very intimidating way. I used to be very skeptical of their sensitivity to things, but its there.

Comment

Fireman, that is my issue also. I've worked in and around hospitals for 10 years now and I know of only one issue of a supposed haunting within a hospital... and that can be attricbuted to electrical feedback on a telementry machine.

Churches and Hospitals ought to be full of hauntings shouldn't they?

Comment

This happened to my cousin when my grandfather passed. he told her not to be sad that it was ok and she doesn't need to worry for him

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                      His most frequent are friends who visit him in a dream to say goodbye. When he wakes, he learns of news that they have died. He has quite a few examples of this.

Comment

I believe in the paranormal. The Bible tells me there are angels, and likewise demons. If you have never watched Ghost Hunters on the ScyFy channel, you should check it out. They have the closest thing to "proof" I've ever seen!!

Comment

put me in as a believer...i am a christian and a firm believer in Jesus!

Comment

one could say I belive in ghost's or something like that. On the night my Grandfather died I had a dream that he was riding a bike and he waved at me when he saw me, and on the palm of his hand were the letters you find on the cross INRI he did not say a word he just smiled and kept peddeling. Well I woke up and instantly I knew he was gone. But I found comfort that he came to me and said goodbye and knew he was going to be with my grandmother again in Heaven.

Comment

Did a remodel on a older home a few year ago. There was only myself and my helper in the house working. We heard footsteps in the attic. We looked at each other and took a break outside. I believe in spirits and the sorts. It was just creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                                two days after my wife's grandfather passed away, I was trying to go to sleep (night before the funeral)... I was laying down in bed, and my wife was with her family. I absolutely heard her grandfather say something to me. At first I thought it was just something in my head, but when I realized I was fully awake, and he kept saying the same thing over and over... "Kyle, you take care of that little girl and those grandbabies of mine".... I heard it at least 4 times... and I seemed to be answering in in my head, but it wasn't until I actually answered outloud that I stopped hearing it...it was so clear .. it was about 10 PM and I called my wife right after it happened to tell her about it, and she said her grandmother had said about 30 minutes prior that she had heard him talk to her too.

now whether it was just the emotions making this occur, I can't say for sure... but I will tell you his voice was loud enough to get me to sit up in bed and look around...very strange but never freaked me out at the same time.
                                before my grandfather died he said the week before he went to the hospital for the last time that my grandmother came to him one night and said that she was a place all ready for him and to come when he is ready. my grandpa was battling cancer for 8 or so years but thats not what took him, a broken heart did. so i do believe that what he saw was true and i have no doubt that you heard your wife's grandfather.

Comment

Working...
                                X