TSC Mineral & Salt Blocks for Deer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSC Mineral & Salt Blocks for Deer???

Will deer lick or eat these? There a lot cheaper than "deer" blocks.

I tried to load a pic of the blocks but can't.

I dont think deer will use anything that isn't specifically labeled "deer" and has a big buck on the label.

Comment

Yes they will. I use the reddish brown trace mineral blocks. Lotsa salt, but they need salt when they are eating lots of green stuff and the minerals can’t hurt. I use the TSC blocks and also ones from my local feed store.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nope. 😜Click image for larger version

Name:	6CCC19DC-C5F1-4DAC-8CC5-3C113C6FA3DC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	24645921

Comment

I didn’t have any luck with the salt block, but they eat the mineral block

Comment

Yes as to mineral block.

I have also had luck with the bag of loose mineral from tractor supply or Atwoods

Comment

I love to use the trace mineral and a bag of salt. Way cheaper and deer don’t seem to mind it where I hunt.

Comment

50lbs. each I'm going to put them out this weekend by the feeders and see what happens.
                Attached Files

Comment

I like the reddish/brown one. Had good luck with it.

Comment

Trace minerals/ brown , molasses, molasses helps with digestion on rumens , ivomec block for worms ( bott’s)
                    I never had any luck with white or yellow blocks except to place them near water to keep cattle busy

Comment

Trace Mineral Blocks

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                      Will deer lick or eat these? There a lot cheaper than "deer" blocks.

I tried to load a pic of the blocks but can't.
                      Yep the Deer love them that's what I use.

Comment

I keep a trace mineral block out and a yellow sulfur salt block. The axis love the trace mineral one. I see more whitetail licking on the yellow salt block.

Comment

Originally posted by FUB View Post
                          I keep a trace mineral block out and a yellow sulfur salt block. The axis love the trace mineral one. I see more whitetail licking on the yellow salt block.
                          Interesting. The guy at TSC told me not to buy the sulfur block for deer. He said they wouldn't touch it.

Comment

I bought two deer blocks at tractor supply deer wouldn't touch it. Coons wouldn't either. The ones I buy at the Mason Feed store they devour.

Comment

I have been using trophy rock and it is completely gone in a month or less each time I put a new one out. I put out a deer mineral block last time and they dont seem to like it nearly as much as the trophy rock

Comment

Working...
                              X