Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me something dumb that beats this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids need to have rules and must be taught to abide by them. They will have rules with employers for the rest of their life. JMO!

Comment

It stupid of course.
      How about no mask and then there is no reason to to pull it down
      Last edited by flywise; 03-01-2021, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        Kids need to have rules and must be taught to abide by them. They will have rules with employers for the rest of their life. JMO!
        I agree 100%...as long as they're logical.

Comment

Good. Rules. No one is use to those anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I agree 100%...as long as they're logical.
            Rules/laws aren't always logical, but they're there. My school has dress code and ID rules. No one follows them. Sets a bad precedent for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
              Rules/laws aren't always logical, but they're there. My school has dress code and ID rules. No one follows them. Sets a bad precedent for life.
              They SHOULD always be logical. If your school's dress code is not logical then it should be challenged. Can a kid not learn in shorts? Do flip flops somehow keep Algebra from getting through? A sixteen year old with a beard can't sit in a classroom with a teacher that can have a beard? Dumb rules should always be tested.

I see the logic of IDs. Let's you know who everyone is and anyone without one doesn't belong on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                IMO it's just a way of teaching discipline to the youth.
                Sure there's nothing wrong with it, but I'm not sure that's the point.
                Same reason the Military does it imo.
                Teach it in the beginning, once they are grown, do whatever you want.
                My take anyway.
                The “clean shaven” in the military actually started with mustard gas and masks in WWI. Same deal for firefighters. Prior to that beards were considered dignified.

It's a common lament among male troops and veterans these days — you don't need to be clean-shaven to seal a gas mask. That might be true today, but in the trenches of World War I, it was not the case. The Doughboys and Tommies in WWI Europe abs…
                Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 03-01-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I don’t think the op is upset about the dress code rules as much as he is making the point that removing a mast ( supposed to be used to prevent a virus) to see if the rules are being followed. But I could be wrong

Comment

They SHOULD always be logical. If your school's dress code is not logical then it should be challenged. Can a kid not learn in shorts? Do flip flops somehow keep Algebra from getting through? A sixteen year old with a beard can't sit in a classroom with a teacher that can have a beard? Dumb rules should always be tested.

I see the logic of IDs. Let's you know who everyone is and anyone without one doesn't belong on campus.

Beard? Hell, I just wanted to wear a ball cap so I didn’t have to comb my hair. My “purchased from the school” Keller Indian baseball cap....I fought it weekly for years with very little progress....idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Same for me 1st-12th
                      Sent home for not shaving, not bathing, didn't wear panty hose, clothes didn't match dress code, and much more.
                      Class of 98'.
                      Never hurt me any, but I sure didn't like it.
                      Looking back 20+ yrs later, I'm very thankful for it.
                      To add, this isn't really the school's rules.
                      It was mandated upon them.
                      Not the same.
                      Did you just say you were sent home for NOT wearing panty hose?

Comment

My senior year I would wear sandals to school almost every day, well I was told I could no longer wear them under the dress code. Men couldn’t wear sandals but women could as per code, I was told because my toes could be broken if they were hit by a classroom door. I argued it and they never gave me another reason. I guess woman’s toes are stronger than men’s... I still wore them the rest of the year.

Comment

I certainly get that aspect of it. I just hate stupid rules. They should have a purpose.
                          I agree with this. "Because I said so" is the best way to get a reaction from me.

I don't even use it at my house with the kids. If because I said so is the best reason I have for them to do/not do something I'm training them be followers. I'm raising leaders.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                            1989 senior year, my High School didn’t allow shorts...so I wore a skirt to school. They made me change after the second period. The next year, 20 seniors got together and wore a skirt. The following year, they started allowing shorts.
                            So this is where it started. LOL

Comment

I don't have kids but I think kids should have the freedom to be individuals. When they get out into the real world they're going to need to learn good work ethic which needs to start at school. Meaning show up on time,every day and do what you gotta do to get through the day. That's what they'll be doing for the rest of their lives.

In todays world people are usually glad to hire someone who wants to work. They ain't worried about facial hair.

Comment

I’m glad they didn’t make us shave our faces in school. Facial hair came in handy for hiding the Copenhagen. We would have loved a mask [emoji57]

Comment

Working...
                                X