Tundra, F-150, GM or Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Chevy 2500 6.0 297,000 miles
    2003 Chevy 2500 305,000 and sunk it in the ocean.
    2008 Chevy 1500 5.3 325,000 miles and still going.
    2015 GMC 5.3 180,000 and going strong.
    My wife's 2008....not sure mileage but still her daily driver. It's been in the shop once for ball joints.

During those same years my buddy couldn't get his Ford diesels over 100,000 without all sorts of issues.

No experience with Tundras but alot of guys sure like them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-28-2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      1999 Chevy 2500 6.0 297,000 miles
      2003 Chevy 2500 305,000 and sunk it in the ocean.
      2008 Chevy 1500 5.3 325,000 miles and still going.
      2915 GMC 5.3 180,000 and going strong.
      My wife's 2008....not sure mileage but still her daily driver. It's been in the shop once for ball joints.

During those same years my buddy couldn't get his Ford diesels over 100,000 without all sorts of issues.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      and probably all had a headlight out

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        and probably all had a headlight out

And the headliner drooping on his head...

Comment

1/2 ton I’d prolly go tundra

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyMutt View Post
            Hard to beat a Tundra 77k miles on my 2017 not a single issue. One thing to consider is a new design will be out next year I believe. It will come with a twin turbo V6 though. Don't know if they will still have their current 5.7 anymore.
            This is the only thing that could get me out of my F150, and probably will. I've always loved Toyota's. Im going to wait and let them work the kinks out of it for a couple years, and get one more than likely.

Comment

Tundra if your looking for longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                And the headliner drooping on his head...
                and he doesn't have a comeback because both are likely true!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive a truck because I use it, not because of mpg. Great resale value and dependable, just hoping Toyota doesn’t ruin Tundra in 2022. Would I like more creature comforts tundras are lacking, sure. But these trucks flat work and dependable.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Tundra, F150, Ram in that order
                    I second that for many reasons, and yes, I have owned all three in the last 25 years, and still regularly drive two of the brands. I can't bring anything to the table regarding Chevy/GM trucks, since I have never owned one.

cricman

Comment

Heck, you put em the right order in your title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One thing positive about the Ram. The new Hemi's have some sort of hybrid electric assist on them. Probably increase mileage if you have a long commute but still need the capacity of a truck. I haven't researched it much yet, but I see a lot of the new Dodge's with a new badge on the hood, so it got googled quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          One thing positive about the Ram. The new Hemi's have some sort of hybrid electric assist on them. Probably increase mileage if you have a long commute but still need the capacity of a truck. I haven't researched it much yet, but I see a lot of the new Dodge's with a new badge on the hood, so it got googled quickly.
                          I went to a Dodge dealer last night, talked to a salesman and told him I was interested in a crew cab 4x4. He told me to walk the back lot and come back in and let him know if I found something I was interested in. I saw the Hemi eTorque badging, but had no clue what it was. Since the salesman didn't really want to make a sale, I left without talking to him again, or driving and Rams.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I should mention that I am currently working near Boston, Massachusetts, where the current temperature is 7 degrees and snow on the ground. I drove my wife's 2011 GMC Acadia up here and before Christmas the "service Stabilatrak, Traction Control disabled and Engine power reduced" lights all came on at the same time. The scanner at Autozone found nothing. It did this for 3 days straight, resetting each time it was turned off. I flew home for a month at Christmas and bought a BlueDriver scan tool. I scanned it when I got back and found several codes. I cleared the codes, knowing nothing has been fixed, and have put about 200 miles on it since with everything working perfectly, no more codes. If it would throw a code so I could fix the cause of it, I'd feel a lot better. However, I'll be driving home 1900 miles soon and I don't trust it to make the trip.
                            I've considered a used Tacoma or Tundra, but I'm concerned about rust and other damage from the salt they put on the roads up here. Maybe I shouldn't be with modern rustproofing the manufacturer are using. I only notice major rusting on old vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tundra or F150 vote here.

I have an ecoboost with 86k and Co-workers have 2 of the 5.0, one with 75k ans one with 120k. All of them have been maintenance free outside of oil changes and brakes. Wer foresters and spend more time offroad than most and they have the best 4x4 system for a 1/2ton hands down.

Comment

Tundra.

Have a 2013 and it has been the most reliable truck I have ever owned.

When I get in the market for a new truck it will be another tundra, unless for some odd reason I need a diesel, but I doubt that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X