No announcement yet.

If a brisket will fold....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A brisket folding has more to do with the thickness of the fat layer and how it was trimmed than it does with the tenderness of the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest most of America would do the same ....but variety is the spice of life

Very true. Might be the fact that i suck at smoking them. [emoji2955] they usually end up as expensive bbq sammiches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
        Very true. Might be the fact that i suck at smoking them. [emoji2955] they usually end up as expensive bbq sammiches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL...I love a good chopped brisket sammich!

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
          All the wag here being raised is crossed. The wagus comment is 100% correct.
          Probably true on the wangus but there are pure wagyu herds in Texas. The PH D that convinced the Japanese to let him export the first ones to the USA is here managing a good sized herd but he's not selling brisket for $6lb

Let us know how it turns out Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            A brisket folding has more to do with the thickness of the fat layer and how it was trimmed than it does with the tenderness of the meat.
            Party Pooper

Comment

Whatever it is, whenever I pull that thin wangus off the smoker tomorrow evening, I bet it makes for a pretty good supper.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Whatever it is, whenever I pull that thin wangus off the smoker tomorrow evening, I bet it makes for a pretty good supper.
                Bet you are right! Stick fire or pellet?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  Bet you are right! Stick fire or pellet?
                  Pellet

Comment

I knew a girl like that once.

Comment

My neighbor has this same grill and cooked me a brisket on it and few weeks ago. It came out awesome!! I need to look into getting me a pellet grill!

Comment

Cool, haven't seen that one.

Comment

For those that don’t put time into brisket. Brisket is brisket. Growing up you ever heard of anything named wagyu. Nope. It’s a s expensive fad for some folks, not me. I go low and slow with post oak and pecan. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
                            For those that don’t put time into brisket. Brisket is brisket. Growing up you ever heard of anything named wagyu. Nope. It’s a s expensive fad for some folks, not me. I go low and slow with post oak and pecan. Good luck

Wrong. The taste is different. It’s incredible. Super rich. Just can’t afford to eat it as often as we’d like. I love choice and prime angus (of course), but wagyu is a different level. And A5 is completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post

Thanks for setting us all straight.

Comment

I bet it turns out great.I have never cooked more than 2 brisket's at a time.Usually never more than 6-8 a year.I never griped about how expensive they were,or had become.A 16lb brisket will be breakfast,lunch,and dinner;for a week around here! I use mesquite,and an old stick burner..I really think we should all have a plate of it,before we comment.Pics probably won't do it justice[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X