No announcement yet.

Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the markets are indicating that the covid is a hoax, otherwise they wouldn’t project the growth they are counting on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      Resilient. The high numbers of unemployment as a result of COVID must have been people / jobs that didn't participate much at all, if any, in the market??
      probably a good point

Comment

IMO the stock market isnt an indicator of economic strength or even status.. its all together a seperate game with its own ebbs and flows.

Nobody in there right freakin mind looks out right now and says "stock market should be soaring!!! Times are good!!!".. yet here we are.

Its a shell game played by suits
        Last edited by jlp04c; 06-03-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
          I honestly get the feeling that the stock market isnt an indicator of economic strength or even status.. its all together a seperate game with its own ebbs and flows.

Nobody in there right freakin mind looks out right now and says "stock market should be soaring!!! Times are good!!!".. yet here we are.

Its a shell game played by suits
          I disagree

I am in the healthcare field (not medical) and our business is booming

Yes we had one poor month in April

But is has been a steady climb since then, with May being at original budget and well above PYTD performance. June is starting off really strong.

Yes some industries may be slower starting, but look at the freeways and street traffic. The days of reduced congestion is over. Back to work

Comment

The sayings “Don’t fight the Fed” and “The stock market can remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent” come to mind.

Comment

Have you factored in what $6trillion of money will do for a market? The markets just needed time to figure out where and how that money was going to effect what. With $6trillion coming into the system, a million dollars once again aint what it used to be. But the number still sounds good to many.

Comment

I kick myself in the arse every morning for not going all in when I was tempted to. I got busy and didnt pull the trigger on it. Im up 100% since jumping in a few months ago.

Comment

I think the stock market is starting to yawn at Covid, just like everyone else who has any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                    Not sure I can agree that a "handful" of stocks are propping up the market. Take a look at what comprises the Dow 30, S&P 500 or Russell 2000. Very few, if any those stocks are up several 100's or 1,000's of % points. That is the scale a single or "handful" of stocks would need to raise those markets by double digits.

I think most markets have accepted the unemployment rates are short term in nature and a lot of the entities affected by the 30-90 day shut down will weather storm long-term.

Time will tell, but in the short-term, I will remain a buyer of equities.
                    Also need to look at it like this.. Most small companies may be hurting real bad but most companies listed on stock exchanges are bigger and they will actually come out ahead after the dust settles by gaining more market share and less competition.

Plus inflation is hitting. Over time stocks need to adjust upward for inflation. Smart markets may be doing some of that adjusting now.

Comment

I sold all my stock when China first started reporting shutting down in January. I then bought back when my company stock was at $20 a share. It just now topped $40 a share today. I have been a little nervous a time or two but I made a lot of money with that move.

Comment

I bought Sasol stock at $2/share a while back. It's risen to $7.65. It's my first foray into individual investing and I hope it keeps growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmitchell View Post
                          I bought Sasol stock at $2/share a while back. It's risen to $7.65. It's my first foray into individual investing and I hope it keeps growing.
                          That one is my biggest regret. I was so tempted to buy at a little over $2 a share, but had it in my mind it was going to take another dip and waited.

Comment

Ha. I told my dad that I thought Penn National Gaming was a good buy when it was under $5......I fooled around and didn't do anything and didn't buy any. Here we are 2.5 months later and it is $32+ share. Would have, should have, could have.......didn't! Oh well. I am no worse off than when I started but it would be nice to have an extra $50-60K in the bank.

Hoping oil continue to trends upward and the stock market continues to do its thing. If we can get over $40 for any length of time, I think people will start getting a little more active!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                              Ha. I told my dad that I thought Penn National Gaming was a good buy when it was under $5......I fooled around and didn't do anything and didn't buy any. Here we are 2.5 months later and it is $32+ share. Would have, should have, could have.......didn't! Oh well. I am no worse off than when I started but it would be nice to have an extra $50-60K in the bank.

Hoping oil continue to trends upward and the stock market continues to do its thing. If we can get over $40 for any length of time, I think people will start getting a little more active!

SOOOOO painful.. I was watching that one as well..

Watched it go from 28 down to 4 and some change... I finally bought in around 15, held it for over a week or so, and finally unloaded it when it popped above 20... buzz kills me to see it steadily climbing!

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                                Dow is back over 26,000 for the first time in right at 3 months. Interesting to see the partial rebound (relatively quick). I wonder if there will be a retraction or if we will continue to see a bull market outlook with the potential to get back above 28,0000 by Q3.

Crude is back over $37 today as well. Hopefully we can break $40 in the coming days/weeks as demand picks back up.
                                I do not know. There was a false recovery in 1930 and there was a false recovery in march of 2009. One difference here is we have 3 trillion in new government stimulous + at least that much added by the federal reserve.

I am out because I cannot grasp the effects of 6 trillion added to the economy. I am holding some cash but my mind is telling me not to be in cash with so much new monies added.

Comment

Working...
                                X