How do I move a 35 foot flagpole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I move a 35 foot flagpole

Hey guys, need some ideas. I have a 35 foot flagpole I need to move. I have a crew cab with no 5th wheel. I need to move it an hour and a half away. How do I accomplish this? Not opposed to renting a trailer. Thought about strapping it to my 19 foot ranger bass boat. I think its 25 feetish long from tongue to back of the propeller... but 10 feet sticking out seems like a lot to me.

I guess I could elevate the front enough to clear the my pickup truck tailgate and let it hang over 5 feet on either side? Am I a moron for even considering this?

Advise o green screen.

If the flag pole is hollow, cut into manageable pieces then splice back together once you reach your destination. You can splice it back together by finding some pipe that will fit into your flag pole pipe then splice/weld back together.

Rwc

Comment

I would leave it where it is and put up a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
        If the flag pole is hollow, cut into manageable pieces then splice back together once you reach your destination. You can splice it back together by finding some pipe that will fit into your flag pole pipe then splice/weld back together.

Rwc
        This was my thought on how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          I would leave it where it is and put up a new one.
          Sounds like a decent Idea..Tie it to side of a 35f RV...Renting something as said above

Comment

Probably find some one with a trailer long enough to hang out front and back.I haul trees on my goose neck laying forward some times the limbs are way over the cab and hood of my crew cab long bed

Comment

Hang it under a truck with plumbing strap or tie wire and put flags on Both ends. Done it many times with rebar and steel. If it flexes too much tie it up and over or duct tape a 2x4 to it as a stiffener.

Comment

In for more of the responses you will get....

Comment

Cutting and re-Welding, seems should be cheaper than renting a trailer. And easier than hauling a trailer

Comment

I wanted a flagpole for tailgating years ago. Only way I could get one the height I liked was to make it out of pvc in multiple pieces.

Add my vote to cutting and welding back together.

Comment

Its a very very expensive spun aluminum one. I don't think cutting and splicing is an option. And I don't want to spend that money again. I bought it long ago when I didnt have the fiscal responsibilities that I do now. I wonder what a hot shot person would charge me to throw it on a goose neck trailer. Since I dont have a 5th wheel I cant do that.
                      Last edited by Rubberdown; 04-09-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
                        Hang it under a truck with plumbing strap or tie wire and put flags on Both ends. Done it many times with rebar and steel. If it flexes too much tie it up and over or duct tape a 2x4 to it as a stiffener.
                        And get someone you don’t like to drive......

Comment

Hot shot

Comment

When I used to haul a sailboat, the mast was longer than the boat/trailer. It was strapped to the boat with a wooden support on front to keep the one end above cab height. Worked like a charm.

Comment

24' gooseneck or bigger. Hang 3" off the back and run the rest up over the neck.

Comment

Working...
                              X