Bow Shop Etiquette Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Shop Etiquette Question

So, I have never bought a New bow from a dealer/shop. Only ever used bows from individuals.

Im looking at finally buying a new bow and after some research online and videos, I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 different brands and models.

My question is what to expect from a Bow Shop when trying out and buying new bows. I have only been to a couple small shops browsing and it seems like the ones I have been to only have 2 brands or so that they stock and push selling. I also have noticed that (Unlike these Bow Review YouTube video guys) that the bow shop seems a little impatient or interrupted with people wanting shoot multiple bows and the time that takes....just what I thought anyways

So, back to my question, is it normal to go to a shop and request to be shown 4 or 5 different brand bows, have them all setup to your DL and DW and shoot everyone of them to experience which ones you like and ultimately choose the best bow for you?

Thats the way I would prefer and whats shown on these youtube videos (but it seems like they get VIP experience with a private showing), just want to make sure that I'm not going to get laughed out of the shop for asking/expecting that type of service

Anyone not willing to be patient and courteous while setting up bows for you to try doesn’t deserve your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get laughed out of there they did you a Huge favor! It’s their job to help you get fitted even if it takes 5 hrs!!! A good tech will mostly focus on you but should be allowed to help other customers with smaller or emergency items! You May very well walk out with a totally different bow than any of the ones you have researched if the tech has done their job right! If the tech has a bad attitude do not waste your time with them!

Also, get to the shop as soon as they open so you won’t be rushed!

Comment

Last time I bought a new bow I did a lot of research online and narrowed it down to 3. I called the shop and set an appointment to have all three setup with my draw length. I showed up and they had 6 setup ready for me (3 of their recommendations). Shot all them and bought one that fit me

It’s worth road tripping to a good shop.

Comment

Most folks who work in bow shops are shadier than a used car salesman

Comment

You can come shoot every bow in my shop with me. But I’d expect you’re gonna buy one of them.

Comment

I recently just bought my new bow from on target archery in canton. This isn’t my first bow purchased from there and have had several set up by them in the past. Every time it’s a great experience and super helpful. I went in and shot every flagship bow- even ones that I thought I normally wouldn’t shoot but because I wanted to find which one truly fit me not a brand. They set every one up for me to shoot and even encouraged me to shoot others just to try it out. Find a bow shop like that and if it isn’t go to another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes Cycles View Post

So, back to my question, is it normal to go to a shop and request to be shown 4 or 5 different brand bows, have them all setup to your DL and DW and shoot everyone of them to experience which ones you like and ultimately choose the best bow for you?

No

But you can go to a couple shops and try 2 or 3 at each one.

Time is money for those guys. If you’re near Fishndude. I would suggest going to him. You will also be wise to schedule an appointment wherever you go. Don’t just show up expecting that kind of service.

If the Spring/Humble area is possible for you then call and ask for Joey. He’s a TBH’er and knows his stuff.

West Houston Archery and Triple Edge are worth mentioning as well.

Good luck in your search.
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 02-07-2023, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Most folks who work in bow shops are shadier than a used car salesman

….Remember Wolverine Archery

Comment

I bought my only new bow at Cinnamon Creek. I went in with an idea of what I wanted and 2 hours + and shooting close to a dozen different bows later I ended up with something that wasn’t even on my radar. The entire staff was super helpful and patient. If you aren’t getting that treatment from your local shop find somewhere else. I’m sure they didn’t make much off that bow sale but they sold me as a customer for life because of their service. Oh but if you’re gonna out em through all that buy it all there. Don’t waste their time then go home and try to save 10% online

I actually need to reach out to Fishndude. I was planning on getting new strings for this year but nah just need a bow upgrade finally
                    Last edited by hooligan; 02-07-2023, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                      ….Remember Wolverine Archery

Yep.

Comment

A good bow shop will let you shoot however many bows for however long you want if it’s what you need to make a decision. But.

Here’s my advice. If you’re going to walk in and expect great customer service, which you should, plan on buying whatever it is you want from them.

My personal opinion is that with all the marketplaces and forums on the WWW, it’s so easy to find a used flagship bow that may have barely even been released a couple of months ago. I would wager a lot of people go in and take up time trying a bunch of bows out to see what they like and then walk out and buy a used one.

I could have easily done that with my new bow last year and saved hundreds on the set up. But with the customer service I received, my conscience wouldn’t let me do that and walked out with a brand new bow. Mind you, it was a bow that wasn’t even one I considered shooting when I walked in the door.

People’s time is worth something. Be ready to buy if you go in and expect to shoot a bunch of bows. Only if one of them fits the bill that is, of course.

Comment

Best thing is to walk in with one nut partially hanging out of some really short shorts. Then those mofos will make a deal just to get rid of you.

Comment

Its normal around here at CCR but you better make sure your bow shop, first, sells 4-5 brands of bows and has them in stock. That's always a good start for a request like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                              Best thing is to walk in with one nut partially hanging out of some really short shorts. Then those mofos will make a deal just to get rid of you.

Yahahahahajah, bro you kill me
                              Heath. This guy **** near got me kicked out fire school from not being able to contain laughter.

Comment

Working...
                              X