Live from Longview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live from Longview

With my Marion Co. tag filled and new bucks finally showing up on camera here in Gregg Co. it’s time to try and fill this tag.

I had a real solid 9 that disappeared 4 days before the season started and since then a wide 11 point that got killed the next day across the road. This past week about 8 new bucks have shown on my cell cams. A short tine 8, a 4-1/2 year old 8 whose beams nearly touch I’ve watched since he was a yearling, a cull 5 point that grew part of an antler with knots on it, a few young bucks and pretty 9 I would sling an arrow at.

Yesterday I passed the 3.5 year old one horn cull 5 pt and then during the evening hunt the 9 came in but was spooked by a big bobcat. No shot on either. My daughter was with me and I was trying to get her set up as we had just got in and weren’t even settled.

Later he came back by in the brush and I could have shot him with her .243 but I wanted her to and it was just too hard of a shot so he got a pass.

This mornings hunt was slow except for few young bucks and a doe.

We are both back in for the evening. One of us is gonna get that 9 if he slips again. Or any other buck. I usually see 15-20 bucks here during the rut. Gotta love city deer!

I’m about a mile out of town surrounded in neighborhoods and some dang good deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some big deer around Longview. Saw a large 8pt out on the hill by Spring Hill HS feeding early one morning. Almost wrecked watching him so long.

Comment

Live from Longview

We are set up behind a step bank of a oil wel reserve pit. Popup blind brushed in tight to the bank of it. I hacked an access trail down the top of pit and shoveled some dirt stairs down the steep bank to the popup door. Can slip in and out undetected.

Then strip of pines that drops off into deer creek bottom and oaks. Bedding just across the fence to my north. Facing east with good wind & light rain.

200# E. Tx buffet out front.

Here’s my view

And reverse angle from the chow pile.

Last edited by Hix; 11-24-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

A few options

Comment

Dang..... some nice deer for sure. Best of luck. Are u seeing any chasing at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6 point and 4 point on the grocery pile.

Comment

Originally posted by ETX-Deerslayer View Post
                Dang..... some nice deer for sure. Best of luck. Are u seeing any chasing at all?

Chasing hard at my Marion Co place down the road.
                I have t hunted here till yesterday.

Comment

Hello from gilmer lol

Comment

What all do you put on your buffet? Is that corn, protein, rice bran, and cotton seed?

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                      Chasing hard at my Marion Co place down the road.
                      I have t hunted here till yesterday.

I’m hunting outside Harleton (Harrison County)..... they have not been chasing at my place..... yet.

Comment

Correction they’re chasing. They just took after a doe getting chased by a mature buck. Two doe in here now

Comment

Good luck, I’ll be following this one

Comment

Mature buck busted the doe out of the creek bottom and the two little **** heads took up the chase. 6 deer here

Comment

Good luck. I’m sitting in a tower between Kilgore and Henderson here in rusk county. From 3:15 to 4:15 I had 2 yearling 5 points and 2 yearling does out moving. Seems like it could go down today.

Comment

Working...
                              X