No announcement yet.

A little upset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label your kid's items with a permanent marker.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I don't think you should send the letter with your daughter. I think you or your wife should be delivering it in person.
      I thought the same thing but we talked about it in front of our daughter(our mistake) and she kinda got embarrassed about the whole deal. When mama said about sending a note instead she smiled and didn’t feel too bad about it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
        Label your kid's items with a permanent marker.
        We do lol, there’s probably a Emily in her class with a unicorn binder that says Kaelyn on it.

Comment

Not an overreaction at all. So freakin tired of handing out stuff to the dependents of bags of crap

Comment

Don't send a letter. Go talk to the principal.

Comment

The following is coming from the teacher sitting next to me.

Most folders are color coded. All take home folders are a specific color, red, blue, vanilla....when kids show up the first day with folders that are not the required folders the teacher usually supplies them. They don’t come from the school, the teacher has purchased them. I promise the teacher does not want another princess folder. The school should have supplied a list of required supplies for the school year before school started.

After 18yrs of my wife teaching I have funded probably $1000’s of dollars worth of school supplies for kids I’ve never met.

Comment

Screw that crap

Apparently you have a young one and many more years to put up with this crap

Next year don’t buy a **** thing

Wait until about the end of the first week and then get what your child needs and write their name on it multiple places with a permanent marker

We never fell for that crap after the first time they pulled it

If kids need school supplies then let the school district buy them
                If they can spend millions on stadiums, indoor practice fields and all that other stuff that is not necessary for education then they can buy school supplies easily

If I know of a family that is in need I will gladly contribute to help their kids get the necessities though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                  The following is coming from the teacher sitting next to me.

Most folders are color coded. All take home folders are a specific color, red, blue, vanilla....when kids show up the first day with folders that are not the required folders the teacher usually supplies them. They don’t come from the school, the teacher has purchased them. I promise the teacher does not want another princess folder. The school should have supplied a list of required supplies for the school year before school started.

After 18yrs of my wife teaching I have funded probably $1000’s of dollars worth of school supplies for kids I’ve never met.
                  Well that makes sense, I would be happy to buy the color coded folders or binders that would be used. The list never specified a color scheme for the class just said 7 folders etc. I wish I would’ve taken a pic of the shape folder was in.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                    Well that makes sense, I would be happy to buy the color coded folders or binders that would be used. The list never specified a color scheme for the class just said 7 folders etc. I wish I would’ve taken a pic of the shape folder was in.
                    Folder being in real poor shape makes sense with what Stuck says.

She may be recycling the folders from year to year.

In to hear the outcome.

Comment

Never heard of that happening around here and if it did it wouldn’t happen again. Go get her supplies back.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Screw that crap

Apparently you have a young one and many more years to put up with this crap

Next year don’t buy a **** thing

Wait until about the end of the first week and then get what your child needs and write their name on it multiple places with a permanent marker

We never fell for that crap after the first time they pulled it

If kids need school supplies then let the school district buy them
                        If they can spend millions on stadiums, indoor practice fields and all that other stuff that is not necessary for education then they can buy school supplies easily

If I know of a family that is in need I will gladly contribute to help their kids get the necessities though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Exactly, the city I live in I’m sure has a high poverty level I wouldn’t mind helping other families that are in need. I’m sure some of said kids have moms with a fresh manicure and dads with new rims on their POS truck and latest cellphone but guess what little jimmy didn’t get supplies this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          Folder being in real poor shape makes sense with what Stuck says.

She may be recycling the folders from year to year.

In to hear the outcome.
                          Yep that’s what I was thinking too. I would think the school district would help teachers a little more. Like what was mentioned above they build new football stadiums buy new uniforms every year for sports. (I played sports) just venting a bit.

Comment

My son is 2 so I haven’t seen this yet. If I buy it and it goes somewhere else without knowledge beforehand I will flip out. I will supply stuff to any kid that needs it, but don’t steal from my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                              My son is 2 so I haven’t seen this yet. If I buy it and it goes somewhere else without knowledge beforehand I will flip out. I will supply stuff to any kid that needs it, but don’t steal from my pocket.
                              This right here^^^^ same as stealing

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                                Maybe get the straight story from the adult and then decide
                                I think I’d also go with this.

Not saying the OP has done this (at all), but some of these responses make it clear that many people will/would believe a story their young child tells them without confirming with the teacher.

And we wonder how we wind up with so many helpless adults....

Comment

Working...
                                X