No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are at the lease in Sonora and it’s very green should be a great year!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
      We are at the lease in Sonora and it’s very green should be a great year!
      Glad to hear it! Post some pictures of antler growth, the ranch, something! We need more pixels on this thread!

Comment

I was able to go to the ranch this weekend for a few days. Saw lots of deer, some pigs, and a few turkey and quail. Most bucks are not quite to their G2’s yet, and all the deer looked really fat. The draws have quit running and if we don’t get a rain pretty quick everything will go dormant. Sure hope we can start getting some good moisture.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics Puncher. I was thinking the same thing. Need a few showers again. Headed up tomorrow morning to check things out.

Comment

Bottom picture is from late June last year. Top picture is from yesterday. I believe he is the same deer which I will be after this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2 bucks from last year are done!
              Trophy:

7pt, 22-inch spread cull:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                Bottom picture is from late June last year. Top picture is from yesterday. I believe he is the same deer which I will be after this year.

I’ve been waiting patiently for your pictures! I can’t wait to see what y’all do this year!

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                  My 2 bucks from last year are done!
                  Trophy:

7pt, 22-inch spread cull:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Great bucks! I’d love to have a 7 like that come in for me this year!

Comment

We are headed to Blanco county in the morning to fill up protein feeders. I havent been since March so im excited to get out there. I know we got a lot of rain in the past few weeks so hopefully the pasture is in good shape.

Comment

I also recently got my deer back from last year named Bob

Comment

We finally got to go to our new lease and set up some feeders. Pretty green where we're at. Saw lots of critters. Had a bumper crop of agarita berries. Picked a bunch. Ate 'em all, so no jelly.

One thing we noticed about agarita berries.... You know how some agarita bushes are green and some are more blue colored leaves? The berries on the blue bushes were slightly bigger and sweeter than the green bush berries.

Last edited by Shane; 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM.

Comment

My mom made some agarita jelly for the first time this year. She gave me a few jars this past weekend. Pretty darn good!

Comment

My dad had never seen or tasted agarita berries until last weekend. There's lots of agarita in the canyons in the Panhandle, but the blooms always freeze out, so there's almost never any berries. He was excited to finally get to taste them.

Comment

Went to the ranch SW of San Saba Fri - today. Still nice & green, but it is drying out. We missed some good rains 2 days in a row. Just a mile or so away standing water. Us dust. LOL! Saw my 1st fawn Sat. The little booger was almost laying under my blob target that is on a chair. The grass is tall under it & a small field behind it with thigh hi grass. I was shredding the yard area that is low & as I went past the target I saw it kinda move. Be careful in the tall grass for sure. Killed a hog Fri evening. Deer are in great shape & some are getting some length to them now. Had 1 this morning that is already past the ears an inch or two. Mommas gonna be dropping little ones left & right soon.

Comment

Sounds like a great weekend! Bring on some rain!

Comment

Working...
                                X