Rock Springs area Turkey??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Springs area Turkey??????

Looks like I'm headed for Rock Springs in April. What's the Turkey population looking like out that way? It was terrible in Sonora last year.

Depends on where you are in Rocksprings. In General the population is good. Mine ebb and flow throughout the year. I have about a dozen hens and Jakes that hang out late Winter through fall then they migrate to their winter range. I only have like 4 big Toms that come during that same period of time.

Comment

Bumpity

Comment

Really depends on where you are around there. Some places have a lot of birds, others have none at all...

Comment

We are east of 377 and north of 41. We have not seem many turkeys around our area the past two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            Looks like I'm headed for Rock Springs in April. What's the Turkey population looking like out that way? It was terrible in Sonora last year.
            Where specifically in RS are you going. They are in pockets. on 55 close to Barksdale there are plenty. Close to town the same.

Comment

Population has been trending downward the last few years where I hunt, even with decent spring moisture. Lots of nest predation I’m sure. Pigs, coons, foxes, skunks all seem to be increasing in numbers. Hope this warm weather trend over the next week gets them into more spring like pattern. I don’t typically have birds with any regularity in the winter.
              Last edited by TwoHighways; 02-28-2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                Where specifically in RS are you going. They are in pockets. on 55 close to Barksdale there are plenty. Close to town the same.
                Pretty sure it's SW off 377 somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  Pretty sure it's SW off 377 somewhere
                  If the place has livestock/permanent water source, it’s bound to have some birds.

Comment

Ton of birds between 41 and town off 377. I know a bunch near telegraph between those 2 markers I'm unfamiliar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X