No announcement yet.

Marijuana - Is it still taboo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chronic marijuana use and higher dosages are found to correlate with a greater incidence of psychosis and schizophrenia. This point is particularly significant due to the increases in drug potency over the last two decades. While the average potency has risen from 3% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol—the intoxicating ingredient in marijuana) a couple of decades ago to 9% now, there are some samples of weed that measure as high as 25%. These premium strains are normally grown hydroponically, are often smuggled in from Canada and demand a higher price than commercial-grade marijuana from Mexico.

Heavy abusers of marijuana were found to suffer damage to social life, work or career status and cognitive ability. Schoolwork and the achievement of goals were also found to suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      I made the point of there being a heavy generational divide on the last MJ thread. That’s will end up being the result.

For your tally, put me in The Who cares as long as you aren’t endangering people camp.

35yo.
      Same and I'm also 35

Comment

I think they should legalize it and tax it just like alcohol.

Comment

I don't partake, but if you aren't hurting anybody, it's none of my business. I didn't get that busybody gene, and I definitely didn't get that "let's legislate morality" gene.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
            Chronic marijuana use and higher dosages are found to correlate with a greater incidence of psychosis and schizophrenia. This point is particularly significant due to the increases in drug potency over the last two decades. While the average potency has risen from 3% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol—the intoxicating ingredient in marijuana) a couple of decades ago to 9% now, there are some samples of weed that measure as high as 25%. These premium strains are normally grown hydroponically, are often smuggled in from Canada and demand a higher price than commercial-grade marijuana from Mexico.

Heavy abusers of marijuana were found to suffer damage to social life, work or career status and cognitive ability. Schoolwork and the achievement of goals were also found to suffer.
            What website did you copy and paste that from?

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
              What website did you copy and paste that from?
              I don't remember, there are so many talking about the dangers of it.

Comment

Will weed help with my blood pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Will weed help with my blood pressure?
                  Might actually elevate it a little but if your blood pressure is stress related you might benefit.

Comment

Should be legal everywhere just like alcohol, and it Shouldn’t matter whether it’s for Medicinal purposes or for recreation. God gave it to us for all of the above in my opinion. Why is it legal to drink a 12 pack of Budweiser, but not legal to smoke a little weed? Who drives down the road 100 mph at night, or goes home and beats their kids or old lady, or shows up to work every day hungover and worthless??? The guy who drank a bottle of tequila, or the guy who smoked a joint? If your wife has bad migraines and cramps during her time of the month, would you rather her eat a little weed brownie while she cleans house or be addicted to prescribed opioids or Tylenol/Ibuprofen etc? I personally know someone with a brain tumor who dropped 8 prescribed meds after trying the oil behind his ears... If you’re drinking beer and fishing vs the dude right down the bank who just rolled a joint and is staring at a bobber who’s in the wrong morally? I think if you want to drink a 6 pack of coors light or smoke a bowl while you’re feeding cows, you should be able to do either or. Now Obviously you shouldn’t drink and drive down the highway or show up to work blitzed etc, but that is and will always be illegal anyhow. Also, I think if you’ve never tried it, you should. You’d be really surprised. I think there’s a big misconception that it’s just dope heads, hippies, losers etc that do it. Food, sex, hunting, fishing, etc is all great after burning down a bowl... [emoji2371] The only reason I don’t partake is because of work and drug tests... And it would be no different then alcohol if legalized as far as the people calling it an agenda. If you don’t want to do it, then don’t do it.. I also think the reason it isn’t legal in most places is because big pharm would lose to much money. I don’t do it because of work. I would never risk my family’s livelihood over it. If I couldn’t drink beer at the house because of work, I would stop that also... But, When the day comes that I can do it legally and work isn’t an issue I’m all over it. I will have some big beautiful bud planted right next to my tomato and squash plants [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keywords in this snip....chronic, higher dosages, heavy abusers.

Anything you ingest at a higher "dosage" is not healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dw5 View Post
                        chronic marijuana use and higher dosages are found to correlate with a greater incidence of psychosis and schizophrenia. This point is particularly significant due to the increases in drug potency over the last two decades. While the average potency has risen from 3% thc (tetrahydrocannabinol—the intoxicating ingredient in marijuana) a couple of decades ago to 9% now, there are some samples of weed that measure as high as 25%. These premium strains are normally grown hydroponically, are often smuggled in from canada and demand a higher price than commercial-grade marijuana from mexico.

lmao

Comment

Replace MJ with alcohol or better yet, Little Debbies!

I've know dopers and alcoholics my whole life....if you let either one control your life....outcomes are about the same. Alcohol has ruined tons of folks lives.

Comment

Originally posted by swamprabbit59 View Post
                            Should be legal everywhere just like alcohol, and it Shouldn’t matter whether it’s for Medicinal purposes or for recreation. God gave it to us for all of the above in my opinion. Why is it legal to drink a 12 pack of Budweiser, but not legal to smoke a little weed? Who drives down the road 100 mph at night, or goes home and beats their kids or old lady, or shows up to work every day hungover and worthless??? The guy who drank a bottle of tequila, or the guy who smoked a joint? If your wife has bad migraines and cramps during her time of the month, would you rather her eat a little weed brownie while she cleans house or be addicted to prescribed opioids or Tylenol/Ibuprofen etc? I personally know someone with a brain tumor who dropped 8 prescribed meds after trying the oil behind his ears... If you’re drinking beer and fishing vs the dude right down the bank who just rolled a joint and is staring at a bobber who’s in the wrong morally? I think if you want to drink a 6 pack of coors light or smoke a bowl while you’re feeding cows, you should be able to do either or. Now Obviously you shouldn’t drink and drive down the highway or show up to work blitzed etc, but that is and will always be illegal anyhow. Also, I think if you’ve never tried it, you should. You’d be really surprised. I think there’s a big misconception that it’s just dope heads, hippies, losers etc that do it. Food, sex, hunting, fishing, etc is all great after burning down a bowl... [emoji2371] The only reason I don’t partake is because of work and drug tests... And it would be no different then alcohol if legalized as far as the people calling it an agenda. If you don’t want to do it, then don’t do it.. I also think the reason it isn’t legal in most places is because big pharm would lose to much money. I don’t do it because of work. I would never risk my family’s livelihood over it. If I couldn’t drink beer at the house because of work, I would stop that also... But, When the day comes that I can do it legally and work isn’t an issue I’m all over it. I will have some big beautiful bud planted right next to my tomato and squash plants [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            BUUUUUUUUUUUUM BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM!!! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Are you on any prescribed meds?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nope. Nothing at all.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                                ... But you still probably consume the occasional beer after work or at the lease. See what i did there?

Ironically, most that seem to be against decriminalization were born to parents who LIVED through prohibition and still imbibe regularly, or at least associate with people who do without questioning their moral character. From this thread alone, it seems we are a generation away from a shift in public perception of MJ users.
                                Actually I don't. I don't have any need for it. Now it is legal so if someone else wants to drink some then that is fine.

-john

Comment

Working...
                                X