No announcement yet.

Hook Stuck in Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was 17 I got the rear hook of a tiny torpedo in my right thumb. Drove a 3 on the tree about 15 miles on backroads to get to town and have the doc cut it out. It hasn't happened since and hope it never does again!

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
      When I was 17 I got the rear hook of a tiny torpedo in my right thumb. Drove a 3 on the tree about 15 miles on backroads to get to town and have the doc cut it out. It hasn't happened since and hope it never does again!
      its no fun, i bring nets from now on!!

Comment

This was mine last summer. Some trout don’t like getting yanked on a topwater!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post

This was mine last summer. Some trout don’t like getting yanked on a topwater!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          trout love to throw hooks!!

Comment

Shot a back treble from a rapala into my thumb when i tried to sling shot it under a dock. I was about 10 year old at the time at my grandfathers farm in Arkansas. Walk up to the house and show my grandfather. He takes the stone down from the mantel and sharpens his pocket knife. Lights a candle and holds the blade over the flame to sterilize the blade then tells me to hold still.
            Slices my finger open along the path of the hook.
            i was ok on the first cut, but it would not come out. I was screamin a little on that second cut.
            It was 43 years ago and still remember it vividly every time i look at the scar.
            Never even crossed my grandfathers mind to take me to the ER.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter66 View Post
              Shot a back treble from a rapala into my thumb when i tried to sling shot it under a dock. I was about 10 year old at the time at my grandfathers farm in Arkansas. Walk up to the house and show my grandfather. He takes the stone down from the mantel and sharpens his pocket knife. Lights a candle and holds the blade over the flame to sterilize the blade then tells me to hold still.
              Slices my finger open along the path of the hook.
              i was ok on the first cut, but it would not come out. I was screamin a little on that second cut.
              It was 43 years ago and still remember it vividly every time i look at the scar.
              Never even crossed my grandfathers mind to take me to the ER.
              thats too hardcore for me!!!

Comment

I liked to think I got it pretty bad when I got a chug bug in my hand, but some of you make my chug bug incident look like a walk in the park!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                  I liked to think I got it pretty bad when I got a chug bug in my hand, but some of you make my chug bug incident look like a walk in the park!
                  i know right!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

About 20 years ago my X wife, nephew, his wife and I along with a cooler of beer were in a 14 foot flat bottom fishing a small lake. My X took a mighty cast with a worm and snagged my left ear. When she didn't see her bait hit the water she started cranking before I could tell her it was buried in my ear. When the line got tight she gave a mighty jerk and pulled me over board into the water. My nephew was laughing so hard he took three tries to pull the hook out.

Comment

My wife and I were surf fishing down Surfside way and she caught a small hardhead when she lifted it out of the water the wind made the hardhead swing around and snag her on the back of her neck under her long blonde hair with the treble stuck in her and the jumping hardhead stabbing her some. She screamed for me to help and I look over and thought she hooked her hair again ( she did that once before). She was getting pretty excited with the hook in her and the dang hardhead still jumping and flipping. Thinking the hook was just stuck in her hair, I tell her to calm down and that it is not a big deal as I slowly made my way to her. Man, was I surprised when I moved her hair and saw what was really going on. I removed both the hook and the hardhead and she kept fishing. I caught me a keeper when I married her. I still feel bad about it now.

Comment

Took a Kingfish treble in the arm from a 10 in Mirrolure diver. Kingfish on back hook font hook on my forearm. I grabbed the kingfish and hugged it and killed it quick. Doug and my kid both tried pulling it through with pliers. Hook didn’t have enough belly. So one pulled and other pushed on my skin and it finally came through. Cut off and kept fishing. First time I thought I was gonna throw up offshore. It was tender but was not horrible.

Comment

Caught a nice Striper on a RattleTrap I just put some new black titanium treble hooks on it. Buried in my pointer finger and still thrashing, of course the line is tight and the rod is banging around, I am trying to grab the fish and yell at my buddy in the boat to help but he is freaked out and actually leans back and refuses to grab the fish. That sucker was buried in the deep part, manage to get the fish off, hook cut off and when I get home later had to figure out what to do. Too deep to push through, impossible to pull out backwards...I took a glass of ice water and put my finger in it until I couldn't feel it anymore and was able to force it through with no pain.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X