How to watch Stros & Rangers in the sticks...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I ditched Directv over their exorbitant prices. Got a firestick for the TV's. Works great with Phillo TV & Pluto TV streaming. Has all the stuff my wife likes.

I want to watch the rangers & Stros...as well as the longhorns. I tried using Beast tv. However, it looks like I don't have enough horsepower ISP wise. I live in the sticks and only have about 19 meg download speed.

Any ideas on how to... the MLB package blocks local areas and I am considered local to Stros & Rangers (Austin area). Wonder if I could use a VPN to disguise my location...but I have heard it degrades download speeds considerably.

HELP....

Why would you want to watch the Rangers?

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
      they are a Texas team...appreciate the bump.

Comment

I'm following this thread. I too am getting tired of paying Direct TV their high prices every month just so I can watch the Astros. I'd love to find something cheaper if I could. Does this Beast TV you mentioned carry them?

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
          The only team inTexas to make it to a World Series without cheating!

Youtube TV would've had the games until they dropped it due to contract disputes

Think Hulu has MLB but Im not sure how it works in Austin, you may not get both Rangers and Asterisks.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
            I'm following this thread. I too am getting tired of paying Direct TV their high prices every month just so I can watch the Astros. I'd love to find something cheaper if I could. Does this Beast TV you mentioned carry them?
            yes, Beast TV carries everything. It is IPTV. I just don't have the download speed to stream it.

Comment

Are you on Satellite internet or Microwave? You are going to struggle streaming anything on Satellite . Microwave you can get a bigger/taller antenna to boost speed. I prefer smoothstreams over all other iptv services.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Following. Best of luck. We're basically on rabbit ears and get few channels. But, needing more baseball I got the MLB network season before last. I had just ASSUMED I'd get to watch the Texas teams. As you know, you see ALL BUT Texas teams on MLB. It's a big part of the game's problems today. Life long fans can get priced out. Casual or non fans may never be exposed to the game.

Comment

^^^ agree with this.

It’s literally the only reason I have Direct tv.

Comment

I have luck streaming on sportsurge.net. Not sure how that will do with limited download speed. Sorry. Crazy that I live IN Houston and can’t watch astros most nights.

Comment

This is how I've been watching the Astros for the last 4-5 seasons. It has worked well with very little problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                        Are you on Satellite internet or Microwave? You are going to struggle streaming anything on Satellite . Microwave you can get a bigger/taller antenna to boost speed. I prefer smoothstreams over all other iptv services.
                        Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
                        I have a microwave based provider. I'll look into smoothstreams...hadn't heard of it.

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                        This is how I've been watching the Astros for the last 4-5 seasons. It has worked well with very little problems.
                        https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=536449
                        Interesting. will look into this as well. I thought about a VPN, but I heard it slows down the connection quite a bit.

Comment

Fubo Tv has ATT&T Sports

Comment

looking at fubo & hulu live

Comment

Undo one leg of a paperclip and stick it in the antenna reception port on the back of your tv. Thank me later.

Comment

Working...
                              X