No announcement yet.

Texas Sized Hog Trap - Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We closed it for now. I'm going out of town and we are going to shore up the corners before we set it again.

All 7 tiny babies slipped through the fence while we were shooting. 2 medium sized boars jumped the fence. But the sows all went DRT.

Comment

Yea!!! KAP

Comment

Never gets old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No Dale it doesn't. All of my regular shooters were out of town so it was just my son and I shooting. I made every shot count and hit 5 of 7. My son just put bullets in the air and shot 36 times, killing 6. My Preacher neighbor took all 11 pigs.

3 weeks we've killed 41 pigs. My husband ran over 3 and trapped 1.

Comment

Good job

I would say that is a successful design

Comment

You are getting good at this pig thing. A shot gun with number 4 shot sure is good for those piglets running in a pod.

Comment

I think I'm about to go try that, GG. #4's uh? What is the furthest distance I could make an effective shot on them with it? The pen is about 380-400 feet (129-130 yards) wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  I think I'm about to go try that, GG. #4's uh? What is the furthest distance I could make an effective shot on them with it? The pen is about 380-400 feet (129-130 yards) wide.
                  Kind of depends on how well your shotgun will pattern them. I’ve shot coyotes to 60 yards with 3” #4 Buck. On a paper plate I avg about 12 pellets at that distance.

Comment

50yds is about it but a good patterning gun could extend that to 70.

Comment

Keep roll-n them!

Comment

I was reading the original thread. All I can say is LOLZZZZ at the haters.

I’m currently trying to talk my FIL into bigger is better when it comes to pig traps.

Comment

Pistol says the same thing. Me... well hold my beer and watch this! LOL. It was motivating.

I'm going out of town for a week, so I'm going to lock it open and get the hogs used to coming and going. Then... heheheh!

We are seriously considering adding chicken wire to the bottom 2 feet to keep the tinys in.

Comment

We closed it for now. I'm going out of town and we are going to shore up the corners before we set it again.

All 7 tiny babies slipped through the fence while we were shooting. 2 medium sized boars jumped the fence. But the sows all went DRT.
                            Y'all need a few extra guys with buckshot to cover the perimeter.

Comment

It was too foggy to see anything at the trap this morning but this afternoon proved the wait was worth it. A turkey, which is rare around here, and a good sized boar hog. The hog was 140-150 pounds. I could not wrap my hand around his front leg!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great setup
                                KAP!

Comment

Working...
                                X