X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger M77 tang safety trigger

I have a M77 tang safety Ruger in .270

I have had it since the early 90's and decided to give it a few upgrades

Is Timney the way to go or is there another option.

Plan is to put a better trigger in it, float the barrel and better rings.

That trigger can be adjusted by a smith that knows what they’re doing. Hank Fleming in Austin knows them well.

Timney is the best option otherwise.

I love my old tang safety Rugers. Great blueing on that era of Rugers.

Comment

Some of the sweetest triggers i've shot have been tang rugers that have been adjusted.

These were by a smith who won't really do them for the public but the ones i've shot I'd put against a jewell.

Comment

The best shooting Ruger 77’s I have been around aren’t floated my 25/06 has full length contact and shoots better than a few of my customs often times playing with the torque on the action screws will make huge difference in accuracy. Ruger integral rings are pretty good very solid you would have to spend quite a bit to get better. For the money Timney is gonna be the way to go for a trigger smith may be able to get you a better trigger but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Comment

I agree, you can adjust that trigger. I have a few red pads and all have been tweaked.

Comment

I put a Timney trigger in my 1976 Ruger M77 with the help of a gun smith. Not something you should try by yourself. It’s a great upgrade but not an easy install.

Comment

Anyone know any smiths in Fort Worth area good with Rugers? I’ve got a tang safety and really need to get it shooting again.

Comment

Go here and buy the sear for your rifle. Not expensive, easy to install and makes a good trigger out of the factory trigger.

RIFLE BASIX is a Leading Manufacturer of aftermarket triggers for Ruger rifles. Fully adjustable, High Quality Materials, Easy Installation.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                  Anyone know any smiths in Fort Worth area good with Rugers? I’ve got a tang safety and really need to get it shooting again.
                  Check with Big Dave at Elk Castle shooting sports.

Comment

I adjusted mine like 20 years ago. No reason to go aftermarket IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                      Check with Big Dave at Elk Castle shooting sports.

Thanks!

Comment

Put a Timmney in my works good but after apart took some 600 grit paper to the factory trigger and got the tooling marks off and made it a lot better, looking back wish I had done that first.

Comment

Guess I will work on the factory, if I screw it up I can always buy Timney

Comment

I had a mid-80's Mod. 77 in 25-06 and there was a recall on the trigger. They sent out a replacement screw to install on the trigger. I had some trouble with movement during wet weather and had the receiver bedded and the barrel floated and it was sub-MOA afterward. Guess it still is, but my son has it now.

Comment

Working...
                            X