Thinking about buying a Mako 18lts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about buying a Mako 18lts

This will be an all around boat. Fishing, family, play boat. It’s the Mako Lts with a 115 merc on it. Anyone have any experience pros cons. Any input welcome. It’ll be used in mostly freshwater but could see salt a couple times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump for the night owls

Comment

I've seen those little boats quite a bit around here on the coast. I haven't heard anything bad. My neighbor has one a few blocks over and it's always on the water.

I can't be of much help. But if ya like it, get it..take a wet test, see how it does for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
        I've seen those little boats quite a bit around here on the coast. I haven't heard anything bad. My neighbor has one a few blocks over and it's always on the water.

I can't be of much help. But if ya like it, get it..take a wet test, see how it does for ya.

Thank you

Comment

This is coming from someone who grew up around old makos in this size range. For a lite duty lake boat it should be fine. They are good little catch-all kind of boats but know this, they are not the same mako from years past now that they are owned by tracker bass pro. The older makos trade at a premium for a reason but that is not to say the news ones aren’t good, they just aren’t what mako was before which by most accounts was great.

Comment

We have a very similar Mako built in about 2005. It has been great for the wife and me but lacks the room or coast guard certification for much more than two people. Ours has a 90HP Suzuki four stroke. We miss having the capacity to take three or four grandkids as we used to have a big inboard/outboard that would hold about six or seven people. The Mako is best suited for fishing, which it does a good job for.

Comment

I believe they purchased all of Kenners molds. If that is the case...then i used to have this 18lts and I loved it! Mine came with a 90...and i wish i would have upgraded to the 115. Was a great freshwater and saltwater boat.

Comment

I have owned mako boats , center console open model, 20 foot 150 Yamaha, great utility fishing boat , the LTS , is a flats skooter and I am unfamiliar with that design , me personally I would prefer a more traditional CC

Comment

Working...
                X