Hauling the Krivoman Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is everyone strapping down your Krivoman blinds while hauling? I am going to be picking one up in a week or two and I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to strap it down. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated, I’m hauling it on a 14 ft trailer.

I screwed mine down through the base edge lip into trailer floor. Then ran couple straps over top for assurance.. Didn’t move a bit on a 240 mile trip.

Comment

Run a strap from the front of the bed, through the blind window (windows out of course) to the back of the bed and hook it to the hook in the bed of your truck. Do this on both sides and cross the straps to make a X in the blind if that makes sense. Works like a charm.

Comment

Just take plenty of straps, Mitch will show you how it is done

Comment

No need to screen it down unless you just want that security. A couple good thick straps and you should be good

Comment

I strapped over mine with multiple straps. I did bot cinch them tight enough and the flexing of the blind worked them lose.

I finally torqued down on it and made it fine from then on

It fit perfectly in my 5’x8’ trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
              Just take plenty of straps, Mitch will show you how it is done
              This ^^^
              Mitch has it all figured out. Don't take cheap straps take plenty of good quality straps

Comment

Screw it to the trailer.

Comment

Mitch screwed mine to the trailer when we loaded them and we ran straps around the “edge” that is about 8-10” up from the bottom. The straps were wrapped kind of front to back to provide squeeze to hold them in place.

Never moved. Mitch made it an easy process.

We didn’t go over the top or through the windows at all.

Comment

Mitch screwed my down on the trailer and then opened some windows strapping it down.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                      Mitch screwed mine to the trailer when we loaded them and we ran straps around the “edge” that is about 8-10” up from the bottom. The straps were wrapped kind of front to back to provide squeeze to hold them in place.

Never moved. Mitch made it an easy process.

We didn’t go over the top or through the windows at all.

His new model blind does not have that "edge"... they are straight top to bottom now...

FYI, if any of you will be hauling multiple blinds, you can flip them on their side and stack 'em... I hauled 2 on a 10 foot trailer... If you bring a couple 2 x 4's or even 1 x 4's and a cordless saw, you can slide the blinds onto the trailer with the bottom facing the back of the trailer. cut the boards to fit snugly in the inside edge of the bottom and strap both blinds down together. the boards keeps them from collapsing. They actually haul better on their sides as opposed to sitting upright on a trailer...

I later hauled just one from my house to the lease sitting upright... was a pain... IN fact, because I had the door facing the back of the trailer and the very front windows forward, when I got to the ranch, I had a dang stone ding in one of the windows!! And it turned out to be the window that I use when hunting/shooting out of it!! ...

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                        I screwed mine down through the base edge lip into trailer floor. Then ran couple straps over top for assurance.. Didn’t move a bit on a 240 mile trip.
                        This, coarse thread drywall screams and run about 12 with some small washers or any coarse thread pointed screw with a wide head.

Comment

I took two windows out and ran straps through them. Worked well.

Comment

Does anyone have any photos of how they strapped theirs down?

Mitch,
                            Any advise or photos? Do I need to take out all the windows to haul it? What’s the best way to strap it down without having to screw into it.

The last thing I honestly want to do is go buy it and then have to start screwing it to the trailer to be able to haul it.

Comment

This is my wife's Turtle, but I hauled my Krivoman the same way from Springtown to Throckmorton; straps over/around and screws through the bottom flange.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by cj7zrcool; 02-03-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X