Mod Pizza 51% sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Pizza 51% sign

Took my family to the Mod Pizza in Kingwood after church today and they had a 51% sign posted.

If it has been there before I have never noticed and we go probably once a month.

Pretty sure they don't generate 51% of their income from alcohol sales.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Well they were founded in Seattle, so this wouldn't come as a big shock to me.

Comment

U can buy those signs on amazon. If push came to shove, I’d think they’d have to provide support. I highly doubt it. Either way, I’m just there for the pizza. What sign?

Comment

Whether they have that sign or not they can deny carry entry.

Comment

I will never eat at mod pizza again. The last time I went they all had some kind of Black Lives Matter shirts on.

Comment

That's the way the free market works, I'll just go somewhere else. No big deal.

Comment

I honestly don't even look for signs. I carry absolutely everywhere I go.

Comment

Why don't they just put up a 30.06 sign instead of falsely claiming 51%?

Comment

Why don't they just put up a 30.06 sign instead of falsely claiming 51%?
                  That is what I was thinking...

Comment

51% sign was probably cheaper

Comment

You can check the TABC website to confirm which sign they should have (red or blue) and the TABC can make them post the correct one.

Comment

Posting a 30.06 sign is optional. Posting a 51% sign is mandatory. Violating a 51% sign is a third degree felony. Ignore one at your peril.

Comment

The sign was the official “red” sign that is required if sales of alcohol are 51% or greater.

I may have walked right by that sign in the past without seeing it but I saw it today and went back to the car and got “legal” before going in.
                          Last edited by mikebyrge; 12-27-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Mod pizza is terrible. I would need a lot of beers to get one of their pizzas down. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a 51 restaurant. People don't realize how much money companies make off alcohol.

This is why shutting down the restaurant industry to in person dining effectively killed tens of thousands of small restaurants in texas.

Comment

I noticed that at the one in Midlothian the other day. I still can’t believe it is correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X