Thermal Lifespan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermal Lifespan

What is the expected lifespan of a thermal scope under normal hunting conditions and regular use? Looking at purchasing either a pulsar or FLIR unit. Just wondering how many years I can expect to get out of one of these scopes.

Thanks.

They should last a long time if taken care of. My thermal is a couple years old now and still works like new. I will probably upgrade in a couple years, as technology changes. Just buy and don’t worry about having a $4k paper weight in the future....lol. They are over the top unbelievable.

Comment

Thermal optics should in theory, last until an electrical part fails. It's essentially a fancy digital camera in many ways and it's nothing more an circuit boards and electrical parts, so until one of them fails, it should work just fine. But being an electronic item something can fail on Day 1 or Year 5 or maybe never.

The standard warranty on most thermal scopes is 3 years and the warranty does not transfer to the 2nd owner, so if you buy used, just buy cheap enough that you can take the risk.

I hope that info helps.

Jason
      Outdoor Legacy
      https://outdoorlegacygear.com/

Comment

FLIR warranty will transfer to the 2nd owner, As long you have the original sales receipt. That's the way I understand it?

Comment

My Pulsar is 3 years old. It still works like the day I popped the batteries in on day dot.
          The first thing I did when I received mine was to go to Harbor Freight and buy a hard padded pistol case. Then I custom cut the foam for the scope, external battery, and accessories. So far, so good....

Comment

Working...
          X