Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a Dog Intervention or is my house haunted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need a Dog Intervention or is my house haunted?

We have a female mini schnauzer that we've had since she was a pup. I want to say she's probably 6 or 7 years old now.
    She has a great temperment, is very well mannered and while not over protective or territorial, she will bark at strangers and the neighbor's dogs, etc....so she's a decent watch dog too. Loves....I MEAN LOVES to fetch and retrieve. She will wear you out retreaving a little tennis ball...wants to fetch ALL DAY LONG. We have to buy them 3 at a time at the pet store about every month or so.
    Anyway, she is obsessed with it...and that's not the problem as it's always been a running joke in the family. We all just kinda trade out throwing the ball until one of us wears out, then someone "else" will take over and entertain her.

SO HERE'S THE DEAL. The problem arose about 2 weeks ago when all of the sudden she REFUSES to enter a certain hallway we have between the den and the master bedroom. She will stop and acts scared to chase the ball when it enters and lands in this hallway. We've lived in this house for right at 3 years now and she has just started this. She has chased the ball literally thousands of times before in the SAME area. We can't figure out WHAT it is that's got her so afraid to walk in this 8-10' area? She absolutely refuses to enter the hallway and retrieve the ball. I mean she really freaks out...she acts like she sees something there or at least senses something? She will sit there and moan and whimper until one of us gets the ball. Then she's fine as long as the ball doesn't enter that area of the house again?

So what's up GS? My wife and daughter are thinking it's something sinister...but I'm just looking for an explanation? Is she losing her mind?

Pic of "affected" pooch! (with 2 of our other ankle biters)
    Attached Files

I've had Schnauzers for the last 20 years and the only thing mine have been afraid of is loud noise. Following.

Comment

Pic of "area of concern":
      Note: we built this house brand new and moved in almost 3 years ago.
      Attached Files

Comment

Could it be the Ivy?

Comment

Our mini schnauzer won't walk far on wood floors because of his fear of slipping. He's almost 11 now and this is a new thing for him. He skids out and almost falls every time so now he has to have something like carpet to walk on.

He seems to do better when we trim his nails.

Comment

Ok my daughter just sent me this pic and says the dog is freaking out and there appears to be an orb in the pic where she is looking...she texted me and said "Dad, this is scary!"
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              Could it be the Ivy?
              No, the ivy has been there since the week we moved in. Don't see how that could just now come into play.

Comment

Interesting.......

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  Our mini schnauzer won't walk far on wood floors because of his fear of slipping. He's almost 11 now and this is a new thing for him. He skids out and almost falls every time so now he has to have something like carpet to walk on.

He seems to do better when we trim his nails.
                  It's not the hardwoods...we have more than 900 sq ft of hardwood floors and she's not effected by it anywhere else in the house.

Comment

I would have to run with that one and really make a big deal out of the "ghost"

Have you changed anything in the area recently?

Did one of the other dogs have an accident in that area (poop/pee)? My dog is a very well trained bird dogs and will retrieve all day long as long as she doesn't have to run by the smell of her urine/poop or another dog's urine/poop. If one of the other dogs did have an accident in that area, she may still be able to smell it even after cleaning it up.

Good luck with your ghost!

Comment

It's some type of spirit. I have a lady friend in Louisiana and she says this is a common problem with pets. Try getting a bundle of dried sage and smolder it. Walk around the house to cleanse it. May help

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                        I would have to run with that one and really make a big deal out of the "ghost"

Have you changed anything in the area recently?

Did one of the other dogs have an accident in that area (poop/pee)? My dog is a very well trained bird dogs and will retrieve all day long as long as she doesn't have to run by the smell of her urine/poop or another dog's urine/poop. If one of the other dogs did have an accident in that area, she may still be able to smell it even after cleaning it up.

Good luck with your ghost!
                        Absolutely NOTHING has been added and or removed from the area.

Comment

It's haunted. Move out and burn it down. Only thing worse would be a den of rattlesnakes living under it!

Comment

Oh somethings been added, just YOU can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                              It's some type of spirit. I have a lady friend in Louisiana and she says this is a common problem with pets. Try getting a bundle of dried sage and smolder it. Walk around the house to cleanse it. May help
                              Ok

Comment

Working...
                              X