No announcement yet.

Best heavy duty equipment trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you considered getting one without the sides? I had a 24ft built with drive over fenders and no side rails. mostly I haul a tractor on it so the side rails are not utilized, however I can load deer blinds, pallets of feed, even dirt and load and unload from the sides. I doubt I will ever have another trailer with rails.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
      Temples trailer sales, Sulphur Springs. HD, not powder coated, just paint, but very well built. Been in business since ‘68 I believe. Good Huntin and God Bless, Rusty

Been very happy with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No help on brand but I much prefer pipe versus angle iron, especially if loading heavy objects.

Comment

I recently picked up a ranch king 20’ bumper pull with 14k axles to haul a 70 hp kubota. I am not a trailer expert, but it’s built like a tank and pulls nice. Probably Ford vs Chevy here, but I don’t think you can go wrong with most mentioned here. When I was looking a few months back, the 20’ HD’s were hard to come by. Availability may make your decision easier. Good luck.

Comment

Best heavy duty equipment trailer

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
            No help on brand but I much prefer pipe versus angle iron, especially if loading heavy objects.

Most 14k trailers are 3” square tubing but I agree I like pipe over angle every time

Originally posted by RWB View Post
            Have you considered getting one without the sides? I had a 24ft built with drive over fenders and no side rails. mostly I haul a tractor on it so the side rails are not utilized, however I can load deer blinds, pallets of feed, even dirt and load and unload from the sides. I doubt I will ever have another trailer with rails.

I have a 30’ gooseneck so I need a utility with sides for hauling the side by side, tractor, coolers and whatnot to the lease.

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
            I recently picked up a ranch king 20’ bumper pull with 14k axles to haul a 70 hp kubota. I am not a trailer expert, but it’s built like a tank and pulls nice. Probably Ford vs Chevy here, but I don’t think you can go wrong with most mentioned here. When I was looking a few months back, the 20’ HD’s were hard to come by. Availability may make your decision easier. Good luck.

I’ll haul my Kubota M6060 on this when I don’t need my gooseneck. You are correct as it’s very hard to find many 14k bumper pulls right now. Shortage on everything

Comment

You can also get the same trailer as Savin yours in different “duty classes” or weight capacities. Good trailers for sure. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                You can also get the same trailer as Savin yours in different “duty classes” or weight capacities. Good trailers for sure. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Yes sir. Mine has 5,200# axles, but you can get 7K’s on the same frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  Top Hat is ok. Would probably be fine if you want a basic 14k bumper pull. Delco makes a 22' bumper pull with monster ramps, dove tail and removable side rails. That would be my suggestion. Top Hat is more of an economical minded trailer. They just use standard paint. Delco and the other top manufactures powder coat their trailers.
                  Which ever one you choose, ditch the tires, or cut a deal to supply your own, factory supply tires are one of the ways they cut cost
                  Most are Chinese or worse

Comment

I would steer clear of top hat and big tex. top hat is notorious for inconsistent work, sometimes painting the bottom, sometimes not. I can’t tell you how many big tex I have had to repair and just see absolute dog **** welds on them. Diamond c is going to be your top grade but comes with a price tag. Ive been happy with Kearney’s builds but their paint is terrible. Texas Bragg makes a good product and has great customer service in the event that you need something. Most load trails have been pretty solid. I’ve worked on just about everything except a Diamond C if that tells you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CEdwards28 View Post
                      I would steer clear of top hat and big tex. top hat is notorious for inconsistent work, sometimes painting the bottom, sometimes not. I can’t tell you how many big tex I have had to repair and just see absolute dog **** welds on them. Diamond c is going to be your top grade but comes with a price tag. Ive been happy with Kearney’s builds but their paint is terrible. Texas Bragg makes a good product and has great customer service in the event that you need something. Most load trails have been pretty solid. I’ve worked on just about everything except a Diamond C if that tells you anything.
                      I barrowed a big Tex and the wiring was just hung by welded nuts on the frame and I would climb under one to inspect the work

Comment

Paint

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                        Been very happy with mine

Look under the trailer there will not be any paint. See the paint on the boards, hard to get paint on the metal below also...

Look under the trailer there will not be any paint. See the paint on the boards, hard to get paint on the metal below also

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                          I barrowed a big Tex and the wiring was just hung by welded nuts on the frame and I would climb under one to inspect the work
                          That’s actually pretty standard industry wide. A lot of folks just tack a washer or nut and run them through but 80% of people and dealers want their trailer as cheap as possible and don’t care. I prefer my wiring exposed vs in conduit in the event that I need to fix or modify but everything is drilled vs torched and has rubber grommets. I also only used jacketed wire then shrink wrap shrink wrapped butt splices. Much more work than your standard builder and more expensive but it’s done right. 80% of my builds are boat trailers so I also don’t do that extensive of wiring that often as the wiring is all ran in tube frame.

Comment

Working...
                          X