No announcement yet.

Freshwater outboard in saltwater flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at fluid film spray attachment to treat to trailer frame if dead set on dunking in salt water

Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-06-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
      Look at fluid film spray attachment to treat to trailer frame if dead set on dunking in salt water

https://youtu.be/QiIym5JiMOc
      Interesting

Comment

I'll be going down to Port A in July for a week and was planning on bringing the boat, (Bass tracker pro team 185; steel painted tube trailer.)

I was planning on drilling some holes in the frame near the front to put a hose nozzle in to flush the frame from the inside out a few times while there, as well as dunking it in a freshwater lake on the way home at the end of the week, do ya'll think this would be adequate for cleaning?

Comment

Flush a motor?
          What hell for

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
            Flush a motor?
            What hell for
            Sorry boss, not everyone has the luxury of being in saltwater their whole life.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
              Sorry boss, not everyone has the luxury of being in saltwater their whole life.
              I’m not being a smart @@@, just want to know why?

Comment

H20

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie13 View Post
                  I'll be going down to Port A in July for a week and was planning on bringing the boat, (Bass tracker pro team 185; steel painted tube trailer.)

I was planning on drilling some holes in the frame near the front to put a hose nozzle in to flush the frame from the inside out a few times while there, as well as dunking it in a freshwater lake on the way home at the end of the week, do ya'll think this would be adequate for cleaning?
                  Definitely better than nothing but tubular painted trailers in the salt is bad news, you’ll have no idea what’s happening on the inside months from now. I had an old Skeeter trailer that pretty much disintegrated on me after a couple trips to the salt in the 90’s, even after real thorough rinsing.

Comment

I’m not being a smart @@@, just want to know why?
                    To flush it.

Comment

Flush a motor?
                      What hell for

Because salt builds up in the water jackets in the motor blocking coolant flow......but you knew that

Comment

Working...
                      X