Tractor buying Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor buying Question

I finally got a place big enough to justify getting a tractor and now I have a few questions for the GS.

I am looking at both new and used, leaning towards a new one so I can get a warranty and just because I like knowing what it has been through.

so my question is about the purchase. Can you deal with a tractor store like we do when buying a new truck or is it one price fits all? Also, do you get different prices from different shops for the same set up?

I am looking at a Kubota and there are about a half dozen dealers within 75 miles of our place.

TIA

What all do you plan on doing with your tractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pricing will be slightly different, rates will be dramatically different if financing. For example JD will finance anything on their lot at their rates, Kubota wanted 8% ish on used. I have great credit that was their best. IMHO you want used, pre emissions although new paint is pretty and sometimes you can get 0%

Comment

I got a quote on a Kubota recently and I thought the trailer quote was crazy. Tractor quote seemed very fair though.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
          I finally got a place big enough to justify getting a tractor and now I have a few questions for the GS.

I am looking at both new and used, leaning towards a new one so I can get a warranty and just because I like knowing what it has been through.

so my question is about the purchase. Can you deal with a tractor store like we do when buying a new truck or is it one price fits all? Also, do you get different prices from different shops for the same set up?

I am looking at a Kubota and there are about a half dozen dealers within 75 miles of our place.

TIA
          Pretty much any time there is a "salesman" involved, in any industry, you can negotiate on the price.

Comment

I went with Kubota @ 0% financing and was able to negotiate. I believe I came out with a good deal, love the tractor it has been great !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
              What all do you plan on doing with your tractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              shredding fields and plowing mainly. Going to add the shredder, blade and auger to the tractor. About 65 acs

Comment

Get 65hp or more

Comment

Yes get more tractor than you think you need now. You will be glad you did down the road.

Comment

Minimum 65 hp.

Comment

yes do not go below 65-70 HP. But you dont need 120 HP either.

I think ours is around 75 HP and does all we need including planting, shredding, and disking with a big disk.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                        Minimum 65 hp.
                        This and look for small batwing shredder vs 3pt

Comment

Make sure you have the rear remotes to properly run it too.

Comment

Branson is hard to beat when comparing specs.

They all negotiate as well, packages are the best price breaks IMO.

Comment

One thing I learned is some brands have to sell locally or the price changes. The best deal I could find on a tractor was 4 hours away. I planned on driving to get it but when it got close I was informed for that price I would have to show an address within so many miles of the store. I was so aggravated I ended up not getting a new tractor.

Comment

Working...
                              X