Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    So Oklahoma said 25% is good. What percentage are you ticketing at%
    I believe 30% in Texas is legal for front windows, I could be mistaken.

Comment

I get 20 % in the front. I dont care what the law says, i would get limo but its too hard to see at night pullin a trailer. I dont let the law decide what i do, i do what i want too. Lol

Comment

I’ve only written 1 or 2. Texas is 25%. One guy I wrote was 0% on all windows, tail lamps completely dark along with windshield. Worked at the tint shop and knew better. Other one had 3 tickets and 5 warnings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Gotcha Big. Just wanted maybe a shade darker for my front two windows on longer trips you can still get fried depending on where the sun is at.
          I’ve heard ceramic tint helps with the heat, although it costs more.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post

It’s about twice the cost . But worth it . My windows are a touch under being legal .

Comment

More government over reach.

Comment

Originally posted by chwoodall View Post
                I have limo and an eyebrow around every vehicle I drive. Until last year, never had any issues.. last year had to take my vehicles to a few places until someone didn't whine about it at inspection.

Only time it sucks is backing a boat down the ramp in on a dark morning, other than that well worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                That’s the only time I regret the dark tint. Backing up in the dark is a pain sometimes, have to roll my front windows down. Lol

Comment

My wife’s car has ceramic and it is a huge difference. She cracked her windshield and had it replaced and they didn’t put the clear ceramic in at first and we could tell immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                    I believe 30% in Texas is legal for front windows, I could be mistaken.

25% transmission for fronts in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Huge difference and way worth it. I even have clear ceramic on my windshield plus a 5% brow. Major difference. I tried to get em to do my front door windows darker than legal but not by much and they wouldn’t haha.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Huge difference and way worth it. I even have clear ceramic on my windshield plus a 5% brow. Major difference. I tried to get em to do my front door windows darker than legal but not by much and they wouldn’t haha.
                        Thanks. That settles it. I'm getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Thanks. That settles it. I'm getting it.
                          Attaboy!

Serious. Got it on my truck, my wife’s Acadia and my commuter car. The truck is the only one with the windshield done.

Comment

So how does the law read now tvc? Is 20% illegal? Kinda thought maybe the sunset act killed the law.
                            I believe 25% and still illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                              I get 20 % in the front. I dont care what the law says, i would get limo but its too hard to see at night pullin a trailer. I dont let the law decide what i do, i do what i want too. Lol
                              There’s no law when your drinking the claw. Until you get into an accident at night and one of the contributing factors is your window tint and you get sued personally for it. Mine are dark too. It I’ve seen a lot of stupid stuff over the years as well.

Comment

I like 20 on the fronts, it usually matches the back doors from the factory. I don’t usually tint the back glass if it comes from the factory already tinted. With the back glass tinted factory and no brow on the windshield, it allows cops to see thru the truck when they meet you, and the darker front windows makes it harder for crooks to see your possessions.

Comment

Working...
                                X