No announcement yet.

Gas powered T post Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put up right at a mile of T post for an electric fence in about an hour and wasn’t crippled up the next day. I ain’t never manually driving a post again.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackgar View Post
      All of you guys that are inquiring about the t post driver, the system wont let me PM as i dont have enough posts. My number is 210-414-4605
      Where you at? I will take it if we can make it work. Sending a text now.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
        Rent a skid steer with a post driver.
        We have one and miles of ranch can suck. They are an awesome tool but not driving a tractor or skid steer to certain locations has its perks. I am looking at the gas powered in addition to the implement.

Comment

I have an air driver. Best thing since sliced bread

Comment

I'll stick to a Manuel post driver. I'm too old for that crap.

Comment

Wonder how many people using these are overweight?

Now if your putting in 100 t posts ok. Or doing it for a living

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

I wonder how many have bad shoulders or backs. Or I guess they could be the weekend warrior such as your self. Or hell for that matter for some of us time is valuable and whatever I can do to expedite production I do.
                Of course you would tell me about your diet if told you I pay someone to mow my lawn so I guess the answer is irrelevant.

Comment

Don’t let him get under your skin. [emoji51]
                  It’s what he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m 30 and not overweight and I bought one lol, there awesome we put 3-30 yard diameter pens in around 2 hours. It would of took us all day without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another great way to put T posts in rock is to rent a big hammer drill with a long rock bit. Drill the hole a tad smaller than the post & tap it in.
                      I rent them from Home Depot.
                      Beltek builds an air puff bit to fit their skid loader augers. They are just smaller than the post. No air needed but somehow they create air to push out the dust while drilling.

Comment

For thoes of you that have used a gas powered unit, has it been in clay or rock? I have to drill a 1-1/4" x 18" hole first then drive in by hand

Comment

After using a pneumatic driver several years ago, never again will I risk splitting my dome with the El Manual again. Rocky terrain on a friends place. We drove drill stem and T-post with it. 20 acres we drove all post in 2 days time that included welding, a beer or two, and a couple ham sammiches. Best money ever spent on rental equipment. For reference his property was in Bertram

Comment

I have rented one 3 or 4 times now. GAME CHANGER!!! Well worth the money to get back to camp for beer drinking sooner. [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                              For thoes of you that have used a gas powered unit, has it been in clay or rock? I have to drill a 1-1/4" x 18" hole first then drive in by hand
                              Ive always wondered how it was actually done. Thanks for sharing.

Ive a Honda powered Rhino driver. Super nice. Kinda heavy but lean tpost over and leverage up the motor. Drive away. Until...I messed up on my unit and didnt run a inside milled coupler thingy (an extra $200-300) to keep the tpost off the housing side wall. The machine came with some plastic adapters but keeping them in the driver housing is a pain. My driver piston shaft is a bit scoured and I lose compression. The local repair shop that rents the same unit has the same problem with customers. The piston housing will need replacing eventually. I still have enough compression to run but it still fails. My soil is a clay loam with scattered lime stone rock. Most places I just go manual for exercise and easy driving. I like using the motor if Ive a mess load to do quickly otherwise I am the machine.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-15-2021, 05:07 PM. Reason: $200MilledAdapterSpake

Comment

First time I used the machine I got thin wall 2 3/8” glavanized fence pipe stuck in the shaft. It drove the pipe just fine...but mushroomed the driving end of the pipe too. Used the tractor to pull the whole deal out of ground...pipe and motor stuck on top. Like I said...clay loam.

Dont drive thin wall 2 3/8” galvanized pipe even though it will drive 2 3/8” pipe.

Comment

Working...
                                X