Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
    I like to hunt !
    I’ve been on a $7k guided hunt and came up empty handed.
    Most guides don’t care if you kill or not, they still get paid.
    I’ve seen more elk and had more opportunities on public land on my own than Private with a guide.
    I will be fine out there and appreciate the good advice from some and don’t care for all the discouragement from others. Seems like lots of people think otc or public is hopeless. I totally disagree and feel the smallest legal bull would be a true trophy if a man works for it.
    My first girlfriend was fat and ugly but I was sure glad to have one.
    I can hunt on my own for less than 1k each year and it’s worth every dime just to get away.
    I’d rather earn my animal the hard way. That’s what hunting is about.
    That’s what hunting is all about

Comment

I hunted Colorado OTC-DIY wilderness areas 4 times. First year I killed a 5x5 bull with my recurve , second year killed a 4x4 bull with a recurve, third year took a bear with a longbow , year four I had many close encounters but came home empty handed. I’m just happy hunting in the mountains sure you see others but I just try and get away from other people when I see them. To me you get out of it what you put into it , I like it so much I’m going next month to look at houses in Colorado on the western slope. Send me a PM I can try and help..

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
        I like to hunt !
        I’ve been on a $7k guided hunt and came up empty handed.
        Most guides don’t care if you kill or not, they still get paid.
        I’ve seen more elk and had more opportunities on public land on my own than Private with a guide.
        I will be fine out there and appreciate the good advice from some and don’t care for all the discouragement from others. Seems like lots of people think otc or public is hopeless. I totally disagree and feel the smallest legal bull would be a true trophy if a man works for it.
        My first girlfriend was fat and ugly but I was sure glad to have one.
        I can hunt on my own for less than 1k each year and it’s worth every dime just to get away.
        I’d rather earn my animal the hard way. That’s what hunting is about.
        Yes sir!!
        I'd rather spend a couple $1000 on a OTC hunt in CO, and come up empty handed for the rest of my life, than kill a trophy on a private ranch, or go with a guide.
        Too much pride, to ever even think about sharing the credit with someone else, or depending on someone else's knowledge and skill to kill something.
        To each his own though

Comment

Don’t give up OP! Love your determination. I have a good amount of experience in the areas you hunt also.... mostly mule deer though. Stick with it! Worst case shoot me a PM and we can share war stories of Southern CO and I’ll try and help you as much as I can if you decide to stay in that area. It’s no longer OTC though

Comment

Working...
          X