Texas Lion Hunting Techniques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Lion Hunting Techniques?

I'll start by saying I have spent many days of my life driving around what I would consider to be prime lion country while hunting and pumping wells in Jack and Palo Pinto Co. And I have never laid eyes on one in TX personally but figuratively speaking what tactics would you employ if you were to want to waste time hunting one? I've always heard they have a huge range but assuming you knew one had been using an area you had permission to hunt what would you do?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KLAPPER; 02-20-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Following.

Comment

Stake out a baby goat, cut his ear. He will cry all night and attract any locals !

Comment

Stake out some goats, maybe kill one and hang 2 halves, then spend some lonely nights behind a thermal.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
            Stake out a baby goat, cut his ear. He will cry all night and attract any locals !

This

Kinda cruel in a way......but it works and has worked for as long as folks have been hunting these big cats

Comment

Dogs

Comment

Trap it.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                  Dogs
                  X2

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                    Dogs
                    ^^^

Comment

luck is how this will play out. or hook up with a trapper and follow him around when he kills them in his trap. Cats are not easy anywhere at any time. the only fool proof strategy is dogs or a trap.

Comment

Dogs

Comment

Not sure if this would work for Lions, but it works for bobcats. There is a cage type trap that has a compartment to put a live duck in. Now, you would have to modify the cage to accommodate a larger animal.

Comment

Buddy hunts Montana and says dogs are the way to go. Most of the time a tied up animal will make one suspicious. Just his .02

Comment

Trees might be an issue depending on location. If no trees it will run your dogs for miles and they will never catch it?

Comment

Working...
                              X