Covid and the constant sore throat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid and the constant sore throat

Today is day 3 of my battle with Covid. Since Saturday (day 1) my highest fever has been 101.4 and most recently is sitting at 99.2. The only symptoms I have, aside from the fever, is the post nasal drip and a sore throat from the gates of Hades! Nothing I have done will put that fire out. Not lozenges, salt water gargle, or ibuprofen will touch it. Actually, the lozenges help, but I have to continually pop one in my mouth to keep the pain at bay.

Are there any tried and true green screen remedies?

Todd

Sip on one cup of warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey. It worked wonders for me, the last time i had a sore throat.

Comment

Cloraseptic spray works pretty good.

Comment

I just had it for 5 days, first 3 days were the worst, it finally went away. I tried all the same stuff as you and nothing helped mine either. Good luck

Comment

I have a slight sore throat nasal drip, but my lower back is killing me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I might have Covid then

Comment

Alkaseltzer cold at bedtime and amoxicillin kicked the sore throat for me.

Comment

These really helped!

Comment

I always make me a hot toddy or 2 when I get a sore throat

Comment

Take a shot of fireball every 1/2hr. In just a little while your sore throat and every other problem you have will be gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                      Take a shot of fireball every 1/2hr. In just a little while your sore throat and every other problem you have will be gone!
                      Yep, I am on day 3 and lots of hot tea , lemon, and some dark rum
                      Sipping is keeping my throat and sinus headache manageable
                      Tomorrow is no more rum because the dr wants me on antibiotics to prevent a secondary infection , he is prescribed codone syrup for cough and joint pain
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-10-2022, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post
                        Today is day 3 of my battle with Covid. Since Saturday (day 1) my highest fever has been 101.4 and most recently is sitting at 99.2. The only symptoms I have, aside from the fever, is the post nasal drip and a sore throat from the gates of Hades! Nothing I have done will put that fire out. Not lozenges, salt water gargle, or ibuprofen will touch it. Actually, the lozenges help, but I have to continually pop one in my mouth to keep the pain at bay.

Are there any tried and true green screen remedies?

Todd
                        Have you looked in tha back of your throat? My first bout with COVID was back in Nov 2020, and I have just recently had it again last week. My first round I had numerous large canker sores form in the back of my throat and tongue. Felt 100x worse than strep throat. The only thing that helped was a prescription mouth wash prescribed by my dentist called Magic Mouthwash. It has milk of magnesia to sooth the sores, and lidocaine to numb them. It was the only thing that allowed me to be able to eat. This most current round of COVID (I'm vaccinated this time) brought on a few sores, but they are much smaller and much less painful. You might check amd see if you have those scores, and if you do, try and get your doctor or dentist to prescribe Magic Mouthwash.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fishermans Friend throat lozenges work for me.

Comment

I had to take 2 Advil every 8 hrs to even be tolerable. Tylenol didn't help at all. Hope you feel better soon

Comment

Yep….never had a sore throat like this one either. Did not even know it was a Covid symptom. Hot tea , gargled warm water and vinegar, sipping cool water…throat drops . Ready for it to be gone for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X