Kentucky Tornado Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kentucky Tornado Damage

I read somewhere this morning that one of these tornados was on the ground for 4 hours.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROXs0F7gcc4"]Kentucky tornado damage drone video aerial footage - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9b7nsJ_M6c"]Mayfield, KY Daylight Drone Footage Aftermath - 12/11/2021 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

This is heart braking. Prayers up for all these folks

Comment

Throwing JD tractors around like toys!!
        That is some serious devastation!! 70+ feared dead.. WOW! Prayers up..
        That was a monster tornadoe.. Had to be an F5.. I've never seen any video of tornadoe damage that is that bad.. Dang.
        Last edited by PondPopper; 12-11-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Prayers Sent for those effected.

Comment

Saying its worst in state history. Just terrible

Comment

Wow that hurts just watching,prayers just got longer today.

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
                I read somewhere this morning that one of these tornados was on the ground for 4 hours.

Kentucky tornado damage drone video aerial footage - YouTube
                I’ve got some friends in Kentucky and that tornado path went by them about 1 mile away. They were lucky.

The tornado started in Arkansas and traveled 234 miles on the ground. Unbelievable.

The radar picked up debris from the storm up to 35,000 feet. That’s insanity.
                Last edited by Sleepy; 12-11-2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Don’t know if there is any truth to it but heard a report earlier that the debris field stretched as far as 20 miles wide at one point, primarily because debris was detected on radar up at around 30,000 feet. As the debris drifted down, it got blown by the winds. Hence the 20 mile wide debris field. Once again though, don’t know if there is any truth to it.

I did see on Twitter where on radar, it showed wind peaks of 283 mph at one point at 5,000 foot in elevation!!!

I’ve only seen that kind of destruction in 2 places. Joplin Missouri and Jerrel Texas. My prayers go out to them.

Comment

I am going to guess they are going to be selling corn cheaply, or looking for a lot of truck and another place to store all that corn.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Throwing JD tractors around like toys!!
                      That is some serious devastation!! 70+ feared dead.. WOW! Prayers up..
                      That was a monster tornadoe.. Had to be an F5.. I've never seen any video of tornadoe damage that is that bad.. Dang.
                      You should have seen what the Jarrel storm did. I had to drive through Jarrel about a week after that storm went through. It picked up the slabs, grass, pavement, I mean everything was gone, in the spot I drove through. The neighborhood that I looked at was basically all mud, no grass, no slabs, maybe a few, but many were gone. Never seen anything like that before, or since. There was pavement up to a point, then it just ended. There was no getting away from that thing, unless you had a storm shelter. I doubt many in Jarrel had storm shelters.

After driving to that one subdivision, and saw what that place looked like, I did not bother going to see what the rest of the place looked like. When you realize how bad that tornado was for the people who lived in that subdivision, you really don't want to see anymore. I would bet the only survivors from that subdivision, where the ones who were not there when it hit. Those were houses compared to large commercial buildings, but when a tornado rips up the pavement and slabs, that's pretty strong.

This tornado going for over 200 miles on the ground, through a lot of populated areas, obviously did a lot of damage money wise and caused a lot of deaths. In that way, it was definitely worse than the Jarrel tornado.

Comment

That's terrible. At least the path was narrow. Would have been even worse if the twisters had been wider.

Comment

Working...
                        X