.410 steel shot for daughters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.410 steel shot for daughters

Does anybody have an idea of where I can find some .410 steel shot for my daughters to use this season duck hunting? Even a box or 2 will be good enough as they probably will only go a few times. I've searched all the online websites that I know of and have had zero luck. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Does anyone even make it? The guy that I know uses .410 has to roll his own.

Comment

We’ve found it in the past, but only in 6 shot… want to say it was Winchester..

Steel shot anything is mighty sparse this year! If I find half a box around the ranch I’ll report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They make a bismuth load in .410

Comment

That stuff is hard to find. I usually find it online in Bismuth but finding shells this year has been ridiculous. I checked my go to sites like Macks Prairie Wing and Rogers sporting goods but everything is sold out.

Comment

Yep, Bismuth pretty much shoots like lead in a .410 bore... I think #4's is as big a shot as they load though... I used it to teal hunt for a few years... I always ordered it from Mack's, but haven't done that in years... Never thought steel was practical in a .410 bore... Shot just not dense enough to get a pattern in larger shot sizes with only a small shot charge volume... Years ago, you could get #4's, but even it didn't do very well... The .410 shoots just a hard as a 12 gauge, but there's just not enough shot to make a good pattern...

Comment

Look up Boss shotshells... they have several 410 loads... may have to buy a case though.

Comment

I get mine from rogers sporting goods.

Comment

As mentioned in post #7...

Take your pic. If prices is a concern, ask your self what it's worth to see your daughters shoot?

https://bossshotshells.com/shotshell...uge=410%20BORE

I will say that the Boss Tom shells are TSS 18. And will do a number on turkeys out to 90 yards.

Comment

Thanks everyone. My brother let them use his 28 gauge and I found some steel shot at Rogers for that. They had a great time shooting that last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      As mentioned in post #7...

Take your pic. If prices is a concern, ask your self what it's worth to see your daughters shoot?

https://bossshotshells.com/shotshell...uge=410%20BORE

I will say that the Boss Tom shells are TSS 18. And will do a number on turkeys out to 90 yards.
                      If you reload you can buy it bulk out of China and save a ton of money. TSS 410 and 28ga loads make 20/12 obsolete....unless you just really like carrying a ton more weight and enjoy a louder report.

I wouldn't shoot steel, bismuth at the very least

Comment

Working...
                      X