Argentina Dove Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argentina Dove Hunt

Buddy of mine is looking to do something different for his bachelor party, we threw the idea of going down to Argentina for a hunt.. Anybody been and have any recommendations

It's amazing but take lots of money for shells. Last I checked they were up to $14 per box. It isn't hard to shoot 60 boxes per day and if you want easily more. So figure $1000 per day in ammunition.

Food, wine, people, lodging, and countryside is beautiful.

Comment

It is a great bucket list item. I went with: https://www.hugopascuettin.com

They did a great job.

Comment

Sierra Brava.
        We’ll head back when the country opens up again.

Comment

Yep, the hunts are pretty reasonable until you figure in air fare and shell cost.

Comment

Yup, it’s about 8k all in.

Comment

What month of the year is the best shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                It's amazing but take lots of money for shells. Last I checked they were up to $14 per box. It isn't hard to shoot 60 boxes per day and if you want easily more. So figure $1000 per day in ammunition.

Food, wine, people, lodging, and countryside is beautiful.

Just got back from Mexico and shells were $20 a box
                We Shot 270 first evening hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going in February if they get COVID under control. 6K or so.

Comment

I went....it was the most incredible wingshooting experience I ever experienced....I hunted with los ombues....we did ducks in the morning, perdiz behind dogs after lunch, then doves in the eveing....I can't say enough good things about it all....the ammo price is the toughest to deal with, flight was about 12 hrs followed by a 3.5 hr car ride....be committed....its worth the voyage

Comment

Depending on when the party is, you might consider a different trip. Argentina border has been closed a while. I went in 2018 and had an amazing time as you would imagine. Booked another trip for May 2020 which was postponed for Covid. Moved it to July of this year thinking things would settle down by then. The Covid situation had improved considerably, but Argentina's border was still closed. Last I heard, the border was open again, but you had to quarantine at the hotel for 2 weeks when you arrived in county. But that was back in July, so don't know the current situation. Moved it to July of 2022 so we'll see what happens. Mexico may be a better and less expensive option for some good hunts?

Comment

Son and I went with Sierra Brava in 2020 just before they closed the country. Booked it at the hunting show so it was half price and they threw in 20 boxes each. We ended up shooting about 325 boxes between the two of us. Total came out to right at $5,300 for each of us.

another idea would be Uraguay. 3-4 hour flight and good birds.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          What month of the year is the best shooting?
                          January/February is peak but also summer. We go in June which is their Winter. 30’s in the morning to 70’s in the afternoon.

Comment

with almost a year off very few out of country shooters the dove / parakeet population will be bigger than ever. i'm not sure if Cordoba is out of that bad drought or not. but it is an experience you have to see in person to get the full feel of it. there are several outfitters offering a package that includes some "free" shells that might be worth exploring

Comment

I think most outfitters are at least 2 years out on bookings due to Covid.

Comment

Working...
                              X