Designer Snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designer Snakes

I know to some of you the only good snake is a dead snake but these 'Designer Snakes' can go for up to $5000 from breeders based on the origin of their locale, patterns, and colors. I shot these for a client for display on his web site.

Emerald Tree Boa

Neonate Green Tree Python

I can't remember this one

Young Aru Green Tree Python beginning his color change

Mite Phase Green Tree Python

Excellent stuff!

Comment

You been hanging out with Tom Hicks?

Comment

Neat looking snakes.........

Comment

TH

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          You been hanging out with Tom Hicks?
          Hey Casey, are you talking about Tom Hicks of the Stars/Rangers? He's a snake for sure!

Comment

No. There is a photographer named Tom Hicks that does a lot of tiger shoots (see your other thread) and snake pics (this thread). His website is http://www.natureswildscapes.com/

He does great work...and so do you.

Comment

Ahhhh!

No. There is a photographer named Tom Hicks that does a lot of tiger shoots (see your other thread) and snake pics (this thread). His website is http://www.natureswildscapes.com/

He does great work...and so do you.
              THAT Tom Hicks! Yes, I met him before and he's a great guy and full of knowledge and willing to help. It didn't register which Tom Hicks you were talking about, sorry.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad you like my shots and I have more I'll post soon. I just got some photos of the Dallas Guitar Show I'm processing right now for a couple bands. Thanx again.

Comment

Mind sharing what gear you're firing?

Comment

Gear

Mind sharing what gear you're firing?
                  Sure. It kinda depends on what I'm shooting but for these snakes I used:

Nikon D40X
                  Sigma 17-70 2.8 - 4.5

For the tigers I used the same camera but I used Nikkor 70-300mm

However since those shoots I've upgraded a little and now I'm using a Nikon D300, and Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 for my Maverick games. I work part time as a photo editor and camera guy for the Mavs.

I'm about to post some of those pics from the Dallas Guitar Show and for those I used my 28-70mm 2.8.

I'm about to do another snake shoot for someone and I'll be shooting an 85mm 1.4 for that. I'll start posting my settings and gear on future posts like the photography forums do. Thanx again!

Comment

Haha, my aunt breeds those!

Comment

Nice pics

Comment

Love the pics!

Comment

Nice pics! Good to see some Sigma work here. I picked up the 18-50 2.8 macro...hope it treats me right.

Comment

Sigma

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                            Nice pics! Good to see some Sigma work here. I picked up the 18-50 2.8 macro...hope it treats me right.
                            Thanx! The Sigma is an awesome lens and it did me right. I have some shots from a bike shot I'll post when I can that I took with the Sigma and they came out pretty clean and crisp.

Post yours when you can with the Sigma. I'm sure you'll like it. Thanx again.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful snakes and pics! Great stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X