Stage IIIb Colon Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stage IIIb Colon Cancer

I was diagnosed with stage IIIb CC back in October. The cancer was surgically removed and I have 2 rounds of “clean up” chemo left to go in order to get whatever could possibly still be swimming around in me. I'm considered low risk for recurrence.

My question have any of you guys survived IIIb CC or know someone that has? I know the odds are in my favor but the 15-25% chance of recurrence weighs on me at times. I just turned 45 and otherwise healthy. I guess I'm just looking to hear something positive or to look forward to if that makes any sense.

Thank guys

I only know that I read and hear that colon cancer is one of the most survivable cancers. Good luck Sir !

Comment

Here. Tumor had spread outside the colon into the lymph nodes...but not into any other major organs.

Diagnosed in 2009...surgery and chemo. It came back while I was on chemo in 2010. Another surgery and more chemo. Came back while I was on chemo again. 3rd surgery to remove 95% of my colon and attach the remainder straight to the exit (I call it straight pipes). Been taking meds to control everything since 2011. Cancer free. Hit me up if you have any questions. FYI...my dad died of colon cancer at 59 years old. He started his battle at 54 years old. I caught it at 39 years old (one year after having a clean colonoscopy and being told to come back in 5 years).

Comment

My mom was diagnosed as stage 4 in 2015 at the age of 65. She’s still with us. Just do as your doc says, stay positive, pray to the man upstairs and stay on top of your scans and you’ll live a long life.

Comment

No help here on knowing anyone with colon cancer. Prayers up for you that all of the cancer within you is dead and will never come back.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Here is wisdom: Don't let it weigh on you sometimes. Ever.

You have been given a great gift. Live like there is no tomorrow. Enjoy everyday. Never look back.

Comment

Prayers Up.

Comment

God bless you sir. Kick it’s asz.

Comment

Praying you kick cancer to the curb and God gives you peace by having the strength to put your faith in Him like never before.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

No experience with CC here. But I have a lot of experience with prayer, am now and will continue to be praying you up brother.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Praying, Lord please watch over and heal ktex as he recovers.

Comment

No experiences with it to offer you but I can offer you my prayers. Kick its cancer's butt!

Comment

I was hoping Bobby Chew would post, and he did. He had a rough go of it, but we are all glad he kicked its arse. Prayers for your clean bill of health from here on out!

Comment

Working...
                              X