Pig pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig pipe?

How big are the holes you drill to allow corn out. And how many holes do you drill in the pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did 5 holes on a 4’ pipe. 5/8” holes.

Comment

I've seen a 55 gallon drum drilled with five 3/4" holes vertically about 12-18" apart around the circumference. Barrel had a heavy-duty chain attached to a t-post with a swivels on both ends. Medium-sized pigs could move it. And lasted a lot longer than a pipe due to capacity.

Comment

5/8" holes. On mine I put a hole every foot and rotated it 90 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          I've seen a 55 gallon drum drilled with five 3/4" holes vertically about 12-18" apart around the circumference. Barrel had a heavy-duty chain attached to a t-post with a swivels on both ends. Medium-sized pigs could move it. And lasted a lot longer than a pipe due to capacity.
          Put a brick or cinder block in it and you can hear when they're moving it if you stalk in on them.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did one for fun with some scrap PVC. I cut off the cracked portion and I never measured how long, just put caps, 3 holes, a handful of gravel, eye bolt, and got a dog chain and swivels. Stuck a bridle ring and put it on a t-post. We’ll see how it holds up.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just use the drain field pipe. It’s already got the holes in it and works great

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                I did one for fun with some scrap PVC. I cut off the cracked portion and I never measured how long, just put caps, 3 holes, a handful of gravel, eye bolt, and got a dog chain and swivels. Stuck a bridle ring and put it on a t-post. We’ll see how it holds up.

Nice build

Comment

Just put mine out so we will see how long it takes for them to find it

Comment

Following

Thinking about hanging one vertically so only
                    Bigger pigs can get to it. 2-3 holes near the bottom, low end. Swivel and chain on the top end. Maybe a bell [emoji348] in case I fall asleep [emoji42]

Comment

Working...
                    X