What did your recently built shop cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
    Can I get his contact info as well? Im planning on starting on my shop very soon.

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. Keep it coming. Anybody have costs for self built? Any pole barn style?

Comment

9/2019 poured concrete. 40x60 w/20x60 lean to. 3:12 roof pitch with gutters, plumbed for full bathroom, extra sink, and plumbed for underground electrical service. Just under $59000 turn key weld up. That included all dirt work. Since then I have added 2" close cell insulation and all the electrical. I'm probably over $75K now, but I try not to add it up in my head!
        Attached Files

Comment

Built a 20x30 pole barn, 6" slab and metal trusses last month for right at $18/sqft. I run my own concrete guys so that cut my cost. Did 90% of my own work. Hired a day laborer to help hang purlins and metal. Galvalume was $2.25/ft. Color was 3.25/ft. Concrete $110/yd. 20' truss (4/12 pitch) was $250 each at the time. Think he's gone up a little since then. Hope that helps.

Comment

Just got quoted $37k from Mueller for a 30x40 with 10' lean-to. 16' eve.

Definitely more than I expected. I can easily see the building, erection and concrete coming to around $50+/ft.

This is south of Austin, if anyone has any leads for a little more reasonable cost, I am all ears, but I am afraid it might be the new norm.

Comment

I had my shop built early 2020 so prices have gone up I’m sure. Depending on your needs and desires there are several options as you are well aware. I went with a pre-fab shop that I was able to design with the installation company. The slab is 30’x46’ with 4,000psi concrete. I believe the concrete was about $125 a yard but I could be mistaken.

As for the shop there are definitely stronger options but this one fit my needs and budget. I had them upgrade their standard tin from 29ga to 26ga and the square tubing form 14ga to 11ga. (The spray foam really helped sturdy up the walls)

The smaller 12x20’ section on the side is my man cave that’s heated/cooled and the main section is 30’x30’. The small part has 3 windows, 6’x7’ roll up door and walkthrough door from main area.

The main area has 11’ walls with 2 windows and 1-10’x9’ roll up door and 1-9’x8’. I had the whole shop spray foam insulated and had the lean to off the side added. All said and done after I walled in the interior with OSB and ran electric, I have right at $25k +/-. (The sheets of OSB were like $12ea then!) So that’s definitely a different cost now.

30’x46’x3” Slab- $5,400
              Hybrid Spray foam-$3,000
              Shop-$15,500
              +electrical & wood to finish inside.

Comment

I finished my 40x75 shop with 20'x75 overhang early last year. I framed it out by myself and hired the tin done. I also closed in 800 sq. ft. living quarters and built a 12x15 pump house and had the well and septic put in for $80,000. Lampasas area.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have a pending bid for a 60x40 (includes 12x60) porch. Spray foam, 14x14 and 10x10 roll up doors. Stubbed out for building a 720 sq ft apartment (phase 2) for $85k.

Comment

Wolf Barns 30x60x14 $28k
                    (2) 12x12 roll up, (1) 8x8 roll up $6k
                    Concrete $6.50/sqft

Comment

Sept of 19. 30x40x14 with 12 foot aprons on 2 sides one covered by lean to. Two 12' wide and one 10' roll up and a single walk through. Wood construction. Right at 26k dried in.

I've done all the electrical and plumbing for a full bath that's 10x7 myself. That's ran another 3500-4k. Water and electric pedestal is 260' from shop

East tx shop builders
                      Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thread. My mom is thinking about a barndo for retirement. Need a few acres as well.

Would love to see posts on location and contractors. Wondering how many builders cover the whole state or smaller areas.

Comment

Working...
                        X