My new Toelke SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Toelke SS

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to my new lady friend.

Earlier this year I bought a Toelke SS that I didn’t know I needed from Trumpkin. I was in search of a Bob Lee capable of holding up to my 33” draw. He hit me up in a PM and told me about the Toelke he had and explained that it was made specifically for long draws like I have. After a quick internet search I agreed to purchase the bow. The bow was 64# at my draw length and I loved every bit of it. Even the defects from a slip in the high country, which he offered to have fixed, but I liked the character of it.

After a year of shooting 3d with it I decided to get a “target bow” and decided to get the same bow with a lighter draw weight. I talked it over with Trumpkin as we have become good friends since the purchase of his bow, and he informed me that they now offered the SS in a new target grip that they have coined the 10x. I like the grip I have on the 64# bow, but heck I’ll give the 10x a try!

Due to warm weather in Montana Dan and Jared Toelke decided to spend their September knocking out orders so they could hunt the late season when temps dropped. Them making that decision led to me receiving my bow a couple months ahead of schedule. I didn’t want to get a bow in the middle of season and be tempted to build and tune arrows, learn new gaps and try to get comfortable shooting it. But it is what it is, and here I am. I absolutely love this new bow, no more than I love the 64# Toelke, but as much and the lighter weight has me shooting lights out!

Enough with the story, now for some pictures!!!

I tuned some Black Eagle instinct arrows, 34” full length shafts that came fletched, 64gr Ethics Archery insert/outserts with 125 gr heads. Coming in at 510gr total arrow weight and boy due they ZIP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beautiful bow!

Comment

Only thing missing is blood stains . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Only thing missing is blood stains . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Working on it!

Comment

She’s a beauty Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBay3405 View Post
            She’s a beauty Clark.

The best part of that comment is my last name is Clark!

Comment

Congrats on your new stick!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good looking stick.

Comment

IDK much about trad bows but it sure is purdy. Look forward to some LDPs.

Comment

If I'm reading those specs right, that one probably feels like a kid bow after using the sixty-four pounder. Nice bow! Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                      If I'm reading those specs right, that one probably feels like a kid bow after using the sixty-four pounder. Nice bow! Enjoy.

It definitely does when you draw it, but the performance of the bow doesn’t disappoint! Now that I have some tuned arrows I will get it through the chrono to see how it actually performs. I’m trying to keep my feelings in check as I admit to having some “new toy excitement “

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                        The best part of that comment is my last name is Clark!

Thats crazy!! That is a beautiful bow!

Comment

See, what Tradman didn't tell you is that I talked him into ordering this bow at MY specs. Just in case. I've really wanted to compare the new toelke grip with my widow. What better way than to get a buddy to buy one!

47@32? ooooh... yeah. That'll work. I just have to wait a bit till he starts pining for the big heavy boomer that I sold him before and then I'll smooth talk that new bow right off his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                            See, what Tradman didn't tell you is that I talked him into ordering this bow at MY specs. Just in case. I've really wanted to compare the new toelke grip with my widow. What better way than to get a buddy to buy one!

47@32? ooooh... yeah. That'll work. I just have to wait a bit till he starts pining for the big heavy boomer that I sold him before and then I'll smooth talk that new bow right off his hands.

Comment

33 inch draw ? that's crazy whoa

Comment

Working...
                              X