Kayak trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayak trailer

Another project at dirt dauber fab shop. Ive been looking for a trailer to convert to haul some paddle yaks and scored this one for the low price of free.99.

Got all the old stuff tore off yesterday and pressure washed it this morning then the welding commenced.

Pretty much used up all my steel today and will need another 6 foot of tubing. I might try and find a 4x4 piece of expanded metal for the rear. Need to add some tie downs,maybe some bunk boards, new lights and a hitch.

Day one complete

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice Jimbo special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally finished this up earlier this month. Wife and kid hauled it all the way to Louisiana on the maiden voyage. Second trip will be north in the morning. And eventually Arkansas this summer with 4 boats

Embarrassing to see how long it took to do it really. I'll blame most of it on the lack of dry weather. [emoji849][emoji16] but hey rome wasnt built in a day right

New paint,lights,wheels&tires,bearings and swing away jack. Also added composite deck with cooler rack.

Grand total is about 650 bucks in materials.

Comment

Good job!!!

Comment

That looks great! I really need to get off my...and start working on one myself.

Comment

Looks Great!

Comment

I recently purchased a used utility trailer myself. I'll be looking to make my kayak rack detachable so I can still use the trailer for other purposes. Thanks for the ideas. Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                  I recently purchased a used utility trailer myself. I'll be looking to make my kayak rack detachable so I can still use the trailer for other purposes. Thanks for the ideas. Looks great.
                  I originally had that in mind. My "rack" has angle iron on the bottom where it attaches to the frame of the trailer. I took the angle to my father in law place and punched holes in the angle to match holes in the trailer. The idea was to bolt it on with those holes. I couldn't come up with a use without the rack so it got welded

Comment

I like it! It's got a low water launch, and high/deep water launch! Although, that low water launch is gonna be a little tricky when trying to paddle it back on the trailer when in the water, at that angle.

Seriously, nice work.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-31-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      I like it! It's got a low water launch, and high/deep water launch! Although, that low water launch is gonna be a little tricky when trying to paddle it back on the trailer when in the water, at that angle.

Seriously, nice work.
                      Thats when I pull the pin and tilt it!
                      [emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                      X