Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many bucks can you kill...

Texas (3 bucks tags)
    Antler Restriction Counties 2 bucks (1 buck over 13”)
    If you hunt multiple antler restriction counties how many 13”+ deer can you kill?

I have property in 3 counties that have antler restrictions and have kind of always thought I could kill a buck in each county, however that’s easily said, not done in E Tx. & I’ve only ever killed 2 in one season.

After reading the rules again this year it seems to me you can only kill 2 bucks over 13” in antler restricted counties no matter how many counties you hunt.
    The 3rd buck tag would have to be a unbranched buck or a buck killed in a county with out AR..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would think it would be 1 13” or greater per county

Edit.
    Didn’t read that close enough, I always thought it was if your in different counties you were good

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      I would think it would be 1 13” or greater per county

Edit.
      Didn’t read that close enough, I always thought it was if your in different counties you were good

Me too, I’ve never noticed the “ONE” in a different county rule..

Comment

You are correct , one 13” buck per different counties you hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The harvest log shows a spot to check 3 bucks with 13” or greater spread.
          (The * box)
          The wording is just off.. saying you can also kill ONE buck with a 13” spread in another county.
          It should say 2 more bucks with a 13” spread each in different counties to be clear.
          Make sense??
          Clear as mud??

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
            The harvest log shows a spot to check 3 bucks with 13” or greater spread.
            (The * box)
            The wording is just off.. saying you can also kill ONE buck with a 13” spread in another county.
            It should say 2 more bucks with a 13” spread each in different counties to be clear.
            Make sense??
            Clear as mud??

Is the wording off or are you wanting to interpret in a way that favors you?

OP, call the State office and ask for clarification before the TBH lawyers get you a ticket.

Comment

There is definitely a contradiction there. The back of the license allows for 3 13”+ bucks to be killed. The last sentence of the Antler Restrictions says only one in a different county.

Interesting, but typical with Texas fish and game laws. It’s clear as mud by design.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                There is definitely a contradiction there. The back of the license allows for 3 13”+ bucks to be killed. The last sentence of the Antler Restrictions says only one in a different county.

Interesting, but typical with Texas fish and game laws. It’s clear as mud by design.
                Couldn't have said that better.
                Reminds me of the old man that signed everything on his license,and duct taped the whole thing to the deer's leg.Turkey tag's,and all[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

It is three if killed in different counties.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    It is three if killed in different counties.

Agreed, but how do you explain the last sentence in the Restrictions? It doesn’t say 3.

A game warden could read that and write a ticket for killing more than ONE in a different county.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

TPWD is trying to raise some extra funds, they changed the law from 3 >13" to 2>13" and left the tags the same as a trap!

I always thought it was you could kill up to 3 over 13" IF they were in different counties.
                      That image above READS that you can only kill 2

Someone gets an interpretation they need to post up what it said and who

Comment

Let me grab the booklet To check since i am at the lease . . .

Oh wait . . .

Comment

If you go to 2 Other counties with AR and shoot 1 over
                          13 “ you will not exceed that counties limit.

Comment

Can you shoot 3 unbranched deer in 3 different counties?

Comment

Per my game warden buddy, you can shoot 1 in all 3 counties.

Comment

Working...
                              X