Savage Youth Axis Compact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage Youth Axis Compact?

So.. I have one of these for my kiddos in .223 with a simple crosshair reticle. It's stock except for an upgraded trigger spring. Have it sighted in about 1-2" high at 100 yards. We usually practice at 100 but I feel confidant my kids can shoot it out to 200. Good little cheap rifle!

Anyway..

Two things: My older one is getting older. And, we won a hunt (may or may not be able to go) that requires at least a .243 caliber

I don't think it's worth stepping up from .223 to .243. It looks like the next step up after that (in these rifles) is the Creedmoor, which would be good cause I have a stock pile of good ammo. I think she can handle the recoil at this point np..

My question is are these rifles capable of shooting 300-400 yards accurately with really good ammo and a decent bdc scope?
    Last edited by Deers & Beers; 09-16-2020, 10:22 AM.

I started my granddaughter with a Savage compact Axis in 7mm-08. She's 16 now, but still tiny. Nothing wrong with the caliber from most uses.

Comment

Yes. The savage axis compact in 6.5 cm will be more than adequate at those ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I built one out of new 700 SPS , 1st got a HS Precision stock
        With a Kydex Cheek piece. Badger Rings, oversized Bolt , and a Nightforce
        56mm shv... its a Tackdriver with factory Remington
        140 psp.... Impressive for the money.. But the optics
        Are where its at on any nice rifle ..

Comment

The rifle will be more than capable. Not sure about the BDC reticle. You will have to see how much off the bdc reticle is at 400 yard.

Comment

Working...
          X