Ford Mustang Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelby Super Snake is coming back!!!!!!!!

250k?! Dang Gina!!

Comment

Yeah, thanks Ford!! I would get a McLaren if I had that sort of jack for a super car. Watch how the Ford fanboys will be paying upwards of $25k PLUS over sticker for the new GT500 about to debut...it will be an easy six figure car after the Additional Dealer Mark-up & likely still won't beat a $70k ZL1 1LE around a road course. Still, I'm eager to see the final numbers said to be in the 700+ HP range & I am glad they are dabbling in the super car realm, but jeez that is a ton of coin to have the Mustang label!!

The Ford GT approaches 1/2 Million Dollars & the the new ZR1 Vette obliterated it's time at Willow Springs for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not brand loyal when it comes to vehicles in any regards, but GM is clearly in the lead when it comes to the leading overall triple threat performance vehicle of the US big 3 for the money...Dodge needs to get back in the game & make something that will turn again. Sad the Viper is gone & they won't introduce a chassis for the Challenge or Charger that can actually turn.

Comment

Pass.

Comment

Put me down for two of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Yeah, thanks Ford!! I would get a McLaren if I had that sort of jack for a super car. Watch how the Ford fanboys will be paying upwards of $25k PLUS over sticker for the new GT500 about to debut...it will be an easy six figure car after the Additional Dealer Mark-up & likely still won't beat a $70k ZL1 1LE around a road course. Still, I'm eager to see the final numbers said to be in the 700+ HP range & I am glad they are dabbling in the super car realm, but jeez that is a ton of coin to have the Mustang label!!

The Ford GT approaches 1/2 Million Dollars & the the new ZR1 Vette obliterated it's time at Willow Springs for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not brand loyal when it comes to vehicles in any regards, but GM is clearly in the lead when it comes to the leading overall triple threat performance vehicle of the US big 3 for the money...Dodge needs to get back in the game & make something that will turn again. Sad the Viper is gone & they won't introduce a chassis for the Challenge or Charger that can actually turn.
            You know your cars

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
              Put me down for two of them!
              ...or get 7 of these.

Bring it...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Attached Files

Comment

Isn't the ZL1 1LE more than that even for the base price? What's the mark up on them?

Or you can get 9 of these guys that aren't that far off even without the help of a power adder...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

I clicked on this thread to read your response[emoji23]

Edit: It did not disappoint!

Why do you feel the need to turn? You trying out for NASCAR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 05-19-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I ve got a buddy who has a real super snake. He got a gt500, and sent it to Nevada to shelby b4 he passed away. He got his dash board auto graphed as well as a replacement dash. It's got all the carbon fiber and stuff. It sits in his garage. Out of all the yrs I've known my buddy, hes only driven it once.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                      I ve got a buddy who has a real super snake. He got a gt500, and sent it to Nevada to shelby b4 he passed away. He got his dash board auto graphed as well as a replacement dash. It's got all the carbon fiber and stuff. It sits in his garage. Out of all the yrs I've known my buddy, hes only driven it once.
                      Back in the day my gf was going to buy a used '99 Cobra with his sig across the dash. I told her not to. Who the heck wants that crap on their dash.

Comment

Yeah. The signature is not for me either. Hes got a full replacement dash that came with it w no signature. It's got all the super snake badges etc. Its a sweet ride no doubt. He bought it for an investment when he had it done

Comment

It's a great time to be a car nut for sure!!

Oh yeah...base pricing is funny cuz they never order one, but who doesn't want the addy's in these cars?? Most guys on the Camaro forum buying Zl1's are experiencing my same situation. Chevy will honor any incentives like shared employee discounts & what ever is available at dealer or GM. So, no mark up over sticker accept for California residents best I can tell.

ZL1 1LE Base Price is $71,295
                          GT350R Base Prise is $63,495
                          ZL1 A10 Base Prise is $61,500 (mine stickers at $68k)
                          GT350 Standard is $50,000

I got $3k+ off...most Fords were in the $70k range with ADM as there were no base models to even consider & then added $5k to $10k. Idiocy.

Even The GT350R can't touch the the standard ZL1 A10 like I have much less the 1LE version...it is simply a superior car & I can walk away from one, but I do indeed love them both. They are completely different animals however. The 5.2 Voodoo get's it's power on the top end with the flat plane, OHV revving over 8k rpm & has a better sound than what I got IMO. GM's LT4 is a traditional push rod, low end torque monster & It is a better machine for my application.

Ford won't even officially run the voodoo at the 'Ring amigo & the ones you see were privately run...I actually tried to buy an R before I discovered / researched the A10 ZL1 & best I could do from any Ford dealer was $5k over sticker / ADM. I'm not paying a penny over sticker for any car unless I could flip it!! While The LT4 had a HUGE overheating problem (see class action!!) in the Z06 Vette, GM fixed that in the ZL1 with a a larger front end & 11 heat exchangers. (The Bugatti Veyron has 10)

In hindsight, it was a good call as the vibration issues are now plaguing voodoo's on the track, which is sad & why the 350 is no longer going to be available / produced from my understanding. Kinda Sad...IMO that 5.2 was too big a crank to endure track days.

Here's the top 100 times at the Ring'...note the company surround by the 5 figure vehicles!!

2017 A10 ZL1 at the ring...off the lot car down to the tires. Only add roll cage, camera's & a 5 point harness. The standard ZL1 gets faster on the straights with 1/2 the downforce & is better for the street & occasional trip to the track & drag strip with the Auto. The wider full blown race tires, dive planes, dedicated suspension & huge aero foil on the 1Le is made for track rats. I would have to give up hunting to be able to afford the tire consumption & move close to where the tracks are to justify such a beast.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by Fooshman View Post
                          Isn't the ZL1 1LE more than that even for the base price? What's the mark up on them?

No, I liken actual right hand in the mix & would much rather jump into a Formula 1 vehicle vs any NASCAR..F1 is where the real dogs play. Look acceleration is fun, but the handling / breaking is what gets you around a course faster. My goal is to get up to Austin / COTA, get an instructor next year. Would be outstanding to meet another TBH'r for a weekend!!

Fooshman??

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          I clicked on this thread to read your response[emoji23]

Edit: It did not disappoint!

Why do you feel the need to turn? You trying out for NASCAR?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ill stick to my 2018 stang with a stage 3, and 740 is plenty for me. Actually it scares me, no traction control is like driving in ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                              Ill stick to my 2018 stang with a stage 3, and 740 is plenty for me. Actually it scares me, no traction control is like driving in ice.
                              I won't turn off the nanny's unless I'm out on the back roads...they work great & without them could have very well met a curb myself!! The 1/4 mile junkies are another breed & am seeing guys like Vengeance Racing putting 1000 at the tires on these ZL1's!!

The A10's on the 2019 naturally aspirated 5.0 Stang & 6.2 SS are going to surprise some folks...those two vehicles are the best bang for the buck going right now. I think Chevy goofed the front end 2019 Refresh of the Gen6.

You guys gotta take a look at the All Wheel Drive Jeep Grand Cherokee Track Hawk...$100k plus car but it's a 5000 pound grocery getter that can likely hang with the ZRI in the 1/4!! Crazy fast. I think that hellcat engine is under rated at 707 myself & actually puts out more than Dodge states.

Comment

Working...
                              X