Looking at a slider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
    I set mine at the middle of the range where the shots will most likely occur. When we're setup in the timber trying to call in elk, most of the time (where I've set up anyways) shots will be 15-30ish yards before the timber gets too thick. I might set it it at 24 yards and just aim accordingly from there. Sometimes you can't shoot more than 20 yards so moving it is a non-issue.

When you're stalking, you'll be using a range finder most likely, and it literally takes 2 seconds to adjust a slider up or down. I don't think you can beat the clear sight picture of a single pin, especially at the edge of darkness when pig shots are likely to occur.

Perfect! Just what I was looking for, hands on experience. In theory the advantage of the single pin set up seemed to outweigh the disadvantages,. Appreciate the detail.

Comment

I have HHA Kingpin and CBE Engage Hybrid. Both single pin sliders. Both are great sights, but I like the HHA better.

Single pin works great for my hunting scenarios, but in some cases it may not be the best choice. As mentioned, arrow trajectory may let you keep the single pin set at 25 and essentially allow you to be able to make kill shots from 0-35 yards.

Comment

Put my first slider on in December last year. Sighted in and killed a deer within two weeks. Put a spot hogg 2 pin with .10 pins. By far the best archery decision I’ve ever made. Shot it first time since February last week. Dead on at 20/30/40 held tight groups and no adjustment needed. Surprised the heck outta me and is fun to play out at range like 80 and 90 for giggles and grins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
          I’ve had a spot Hogg 5 pin sight and although I like it, the pins are kind of a pain to fine tune for me.
          I’ve been debating going to a single pin slider.

Eyes are getting older and I think going simple w a single pin will help.

Looking for opinions and suggestions.
          Any lone gone from fixed to slider and how’d you like it?

Recommendations on a sight?
          Left handed.
          Man, I went to to sigle pin slider years ago....best move I made with a sight. Preset at 25 yds and Im good to almost 30 then adjust accordingly.

Comment

I switched over to a HHA Tetra this summer and love it.

Comment

my spot hogg fast eddie double pin just came in today... will be sighting in today hopefully with ease!

Comment

I switched last year and love it. I was having trouble focusing my vision with all the pins. I went with an HHA Tetra Single pin. It has been a great sight for me, highly recommended.

Comment

Few years ago I switch to a cbe single vertical pin slider and I love it. Won't ever go back to a multiple pin sight. Now I am looking at ultraview scope.

Comment

I run the fast eddie double pin. For most texas whitetail encounters, you should ever have to touch it. Set it at 20 and your second pin is probably in the mid 30's, from there you could just gap it if you needed.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      I've looked at a couple of slider pin setups. My question is what do you do when your stalking? Say your elk or pig hunting, not in a blind, is the slider setup more advantageous than a fixed pin sight?

In a blind, I can see that a slide would be a perfect setup. School me on this
                      Exactly why I went with a CBE 3 pin slider, covers all hunting scenarios that I do...

Comment

Working...
                      X