Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ford 7.3 gas with 3.55 / 3.73 rear end

Hi All,

I have been keeping an eye on the new 7.3 gas engine from ford since it came out. In the beginning you could build the truck on there website and select the 7.3 rear end as a option. Now the only option is the 3.55 and 4.3 rear end. I have also noticed that new deliveries to dealers do not have the 3.73. Some of the dealers still have the 3.73 but appears that they are not getting 3/73 anymore.

Does anyone know why ford has eliminated the 3.73 rear end as a offering with the 7.3 gas engine?

Thanks

You in a f350 or f250 looking for that rear end? Maybe that is the difference ?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am almost certain the only options now are 3.55 or 4.30

Comment

Just get the 4.30s. my Excursion has a 6.8L with 4.30s and theyre awesome. I can't imagine running 3.55s or 3.73s again. I could get away with 4.10s if I had too... Will take some load off the tranny too. If you pick any bigger tires at all (33"+) you're going to want them. 35" + 4.30s is absolutely a perfect match
        Last edited by Deers & Beers; 07-12-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
          Just get the 4.30s. my Excursion has a 6.8L with 4.30s and theyre awesome. I can't imagine running 3.55s or 3.73s again. I could get away with 4.10s if I had too... Will take some load off the tranny too. If you pick any bigger tires at all (33"+) you're going to want them. 35" + 4.30s is absolutely a perfect match
          Agree 100%. I wish the ram I just ordered could have had 4.30. All ram has is 3.73 or 4.10

Comment

Can’t answer your question, but just picked up this F-250 with the 7.3L and 4.30. With almost 3klbs of payload, should be plenty for my needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3.55 or 4.30 in an F250. You can get the 3.73 in an F350, have one sitting in my drive! 7.3 gasser.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                Can’t answer your question, but just picked up this F-250 with the 7.3L and 4.30. With almost 3klbs of payload, should be plenty for my needs!

Sharp truck. What is the biggest gas tank you can get in the tremor package? That’s what I want but different color
                Would love to hear your real world mpg reports.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I was just curious if anyone new why Ford took the 3.73 away? I would get the 4:30 gears but have yet to find one at a dealer. At least not with a long bed. Will keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                    Thanks for all the replies. I was just curious if anyone new why Ford took the 3.73 away? I would get the 4:30 gears but have yet to find one at a dealer. At least not with a long bed. Will keep looking.

Are you looking at F250 or F350?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ill say this, when i got my 6.2 f250 2 years ago, there were no dealers in texas that had 4.30s or would/could order it. Closest dealers were four corners, NM and Springfield, MO. So set up over phone, a $200 plane ride, i went to Springfield, 5hrs later I was back in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                        Sharp truck. What is the biggest gas tank you can get in the tremor package? That’s what I want but different color

34gal tank is the only size offered. I’ve got about 300miles on the truck, sitting right at 13mpg which is exactly what I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                          Fuel tank sizes aren’t optional in these trucks. It’s based on bed size and cab size. Short bed crews get 34, and long bed crews get 48.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Are you looking at F250 or F350?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Does not matter. I am downsizing from a 2007 GMC crew cab dually. Basic requirements are gas engine, crew cab, long bed and 4x4. Most likely will get the 6.2 but would not turn down a 7.3 if the right deal came along. Also looking at used down to 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                              Does not matter. I am downsizing from a 2007 GMC crew cab dually. Basic requirements are gas engine, crew cab, long bed and 4x4. Most likely will get the 6.2 but would not turn down a 7.3 if the right deal came along. Also looking at used down to 2018.

I just went to the ford builder website and built out a crew cab 2020 f350 4x4 with the 3.73 rear end. They probably took it away as an option for the f250s since they have less payload capacity.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X