Camera lense question.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera lense question.......

Do the lenses for the old film cameras work on the newer digitals? I'm going to trash my old 1980's camera and if the 70-210 lense will still work, I'll probably try to get a few bucks for it. Thanks.

It should as long as it fits. The auto focus might be slower if it has that feature

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      It should as long as it fits. The auto focus might be slower if it has that feature
      No auto focus. It is a manual focus/zoom. I'm going to check it and see what mount it is.

Comment

I am wondering the same thing, Randy. I have some lenses from back when I was into photography that are just taking up space.

Comment

A lot of them will, if its a manual lense no worries about electronics not syncing up. I use several old film lenses I was given by my grandfather on my newer DSLR's

Comment

The mount system is usually different. There are adapters available that allow you to use them with a newer digital camera though.

Comment

Depends on lots of factors. Most lenses have adapters that will work with most cameras with exceptions.

Some old lenses will bottom out and hit the mirror on some DSLRs (mostly Nikon bodies) but that's usually the biggest risk. Mirrorless cameras are usually the easiest to adapt old lenses to

Nikon bodies tend to not play well with M42 screw thread lenses and often wont focus to infinity without special mods to the lens.

Short answer is yeah if you can find adapters vintage lenses will usually work and can often give some neat effects with modern cameras.

I have a bit of a stiffy for vintage lenses so if yall are getting rid of any let me know what you have. Some of my favorite images I've taken have been with old lenses

Comment

My nikons from a N70 wont work on my D5600 series. No auto anything, no exposure control or reading.

Comment

Working...
                X