X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dime

Comment

EVERY YEAR, the media will lead the people to believe the Cowboys are a "Contender" and will continue to do so through the first 5-6 games of the season,,, then when they have a 4-4 (or a worse) record, they will try to blame it on one or two people and want Garrett's, the Offensive Coordinator or the Defensive Coordinator's head on a plate or a new ownership....
      I'm personally tired of all the media Hoopla and BS talk... let's wait and see the first 6 games of the season....

I as a long time Cowboys fan am tired of being led to believe all that hoopla and I'm not as optimistic... There are a lot of good team who are keeping quiet and not making a big deal about their chances...

By the way.... F Zeke.
      Last edited by ATI; 07-29-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        They are not forms of comparison at all. Dak holds the ball and takes sacks, Eli gets rid of it...what happens after that doesn’t seem to concern him.

I’m not saying Zeke isn’t great, but the overwhelming odds say that he won’t be in 3 years, at which time all you guys would have him making ~13-15 million, while some 3rd rounder yet to be drafted is taking his snaps. You guys are not paying attention to the trends of the league!

He’s under contract for two more years, he can show up to work, or he can **** all the way off to buffalo or the jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        We don't care how good he is in 3-4 years, the time is now, all they need to do is extend him and make it a 4 year deal, he is cheap compared to what Dak is going to get, and not too many feel Dak can succeed without Zeke.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          We don't care how good he is in 3-4 years, the time is now, all they need to do is extend him and make it a 4 year deal, he is cheap compared to what Dak is going to get, and not too many feel Dak can succeed without Zeke.

All they need to do is extend him? And Dak and Amari and Jaylon and Jones and after resigning Lawrence?. They can’t afford them all at what they want ...and you want them to just break the bank on Zeke and pay what he’s asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
            Just took a look at Dallas depth chart at RB. Will this work if zeke does sit out?

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DAL

same scenario at QB ... no backups.

Comment

He's under contract for 2 years...that includes NOW!

He needs to get his *** to work!

What kind of salary are you proposing for the next 4 yrs?

Comment

Exactly....

like I said, F Zeke....

Comment

These are guesses, he is making around 8M this year, 11M next year, first franchise tag 14m, second franchise tag 16M, that is 49M to keep him for 4 years, so somewhere in that ball park.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

These are guesses, he is making around 8M this year, 11M next year, first franchise tag 14m, second franchise tag 16M, that is 49M to keep him for 4 years, so somewhere in that ball park.

You are guessing? How can you make an argument or decision when you don’t even know the numbers?

He’s making 3.8 mill base this year and 9 million next year ... signing bonuses are already spent money. you are already 8 million higher in your first two seasons. Zeke wants $15 mil per and most of it guaranteed.
                    Last edited by Smart; 07-29-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I was under the impression he was wanting 5 years and closer to 14 per. 4 for 46 with some incentives....I'm in, not sure he takes that though. A bunch of non-guaranteed money on the back may work too...since he doesn't seem very bright.

It just burns my *** that a "professional" can't show up to work...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        You are guessing? How can you make an argument or decision when you don’t even know the numbers?

He’s making 3.8 mill base this year and 9 million next year ... signing bonuses are already spent money. you are already 8 million higher in your first two seasons. Zeke wants $15 mil per and most of it guaranteed.
                        Bonus or not it is still considered salary, i.e. if the Cowboys were to give him 12 M a year for 4 years they would owe him the difference for this year and next year, which would be around 5-6M. I could be wrong but I do not think so.

Comment

I was under the impression he was wanting 5 years and closer to 14 per. 4 for 46 with some incentives....I'm in, not sure he takes that though. A bunch of non-guaranteed money on the back may work too...since he doesn't seem very bright.

It just burns my *** that a "professional" can't show up to work...
                          I am with you on the showing up part, they could be getting a deal done at camp like they have done for so many players.

Comment

I wouldnt so much as email his agent while he’s holding out. Get Dak done, get Cooper done, get Smith and Jones done....let that ***** watch the pie get smaller. I’ll be ****ed if I’d negotiate a new contract for him if he won’t honor the one he’s got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bonus or not it is still considered salary, i.e. if the Cowboys were to give him 12 M a year for 4 years they would owe him the difference for this year and next year, which would be around 5-6M. I could be wrong but I do not think so.

Of course it is still considered salary on the Cowboys' cap books, but he got that money when he signed in year one and its amortized over the life of the contract. The only thing that bonus does now is register as a cap hit. I doubt Zeke is considering that in his "underpaid salary" thoughts right now even though the Cowboys have to. It depends on the negotiation. If he signs a new deal Zeke and his agent can request that they take a bigger hit so he can get more money now. And they will probably frontload a new contract because he is a running back....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Of course it is still considered salary on the Cowboys' cap books, but he got that money when he signed in year one and its amortized over the life of the contract. The only thing that bonus does now is register as a cap hit. I doubt Zeke is considering that in his "underpaid salary" thoughts right now even though the Cowboys have to. It depends on the negotiation. If he signs a new deal Zeke and his agent can request that they take a bigger hit so he can get more money now. And they will probably frontload a new contract because he is a running back....
                                He has an 8m cap number this year and an 11M next year, that is his salary, he was paid in advance, if they redo his contract those numbers will be used.

Comment

Working...
                                X