I guess I'm moving to Vimeo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm moving to Vimeo...

I posted a video of a doe kill last night on YouTube. And it was gone this morning, with no communication from them. It wasn't graphic in any way, but they have been really bad on all types of posters for a few months, so I think it's time to move on to another host.

I don't know that I've ever seen YT completely remove a hunting video. They typically age restrict or demonetize. Not that I'm defending YT's policies, but are you sure it was fully uploaded, or that you aren't overlooking it in your search?
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Over the last year youtube has bombarded everything with ads, demonetizing every video it can get away with and deletes any video they feel like.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I don't know that I've ever seen YT completely remove a hunting video. They typically age restrict or demonetize. Not that I'm defending YT's policies, but are you sure it was fully uploaded, or that you aren't overlooking it in your search?
        It was on my channel last night and gone today.

Comment

They deleted a couple of my videos of hog trapping and shooting the hogs and labeled them as "violence". I got 2 strikes against me. I had over 250k views on one of them and 150k on another, I no complaints except for a few foul mouthed liberal snowflakes causing trouble. So I deleted all 70 videos I had up.
          They definitely delete videos at their discretion no questions asked.

Comment

Need alternative to Google, Twitter and Youtube. They are all 3 flying to close to the sun.

Actually duckduckgo is a growing alternative to Google.

Comment

There is now an age appropriate selection you need to make on your channel. Anything to do with killing needs to be set for adult or just set your entire channel for adult.

Comment

Also, wasn't there some site that was like YouTube some time ago that was just for hunting channels?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                  Also, wasn't there some site that was like YouTube some time ago that was just for hunting channels?
                  if there is i woould definetly be interested

Comment

I have no clue why people feel the need to post such videos to YouTube. Are you hoping to get enough hits to make money? (Which is a process that's insane to me as well.)
                    Don't get me wrong but I really don't understand the whole YouTube thing anyway. I watched a few when folks started posting them some years ago but no more. I feel no inclination to watch a guy land a fish in his kayak or watch someone arrow a doe. Most of them are usually poor footage that is hard to watch anyway.

Gary

Comment

MeWe is a good alternative to Facebook also. The problem is so many people are already on a Facebook and YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        I have no clue why people feel the need to post such videos to YouTube. Are you hoping to get enough hits to make money? (Which is a process that's insane to me as well.)
                        Don't get me wrong but I really don't understand the whole YouTube thing anyway. I watched a few when folks started posting them some years ago but no more. I feel no inclination to watch a guy land a fish in his kayak or watch someone arrow a doe. Most of them are usually poor footage that is hard to watch anyway.

Gary
                        People post so that they can share their joy in harvesting a great animal. If someone does not like it, then don't pull it up.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          There is now an age appropriate selection you need to make on your channel. Anything to do with killing needs to be set for adult or just set your entire channel for adult.
                          I marked it adult only.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            I have no clue why people feel the need to post such videos to YouTube.

I really don't understand the whole YouTube thing anyway.
                            Ok

Comment

Patreon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X