No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR - Teniente (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scouted today things are looking pretty good a lot of wildlife around.

Comment

Foggy start this morning. Saw 1 bull nilgai at 50 yds but no shot.

Comment

What's the activity looming like at Teniente these past 2 days guys?

Comment

Hope y’all put some down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a great hunt even though I ended up not shooting anything. Saw probably 25-30 nilgai over the entire time. Most of them while I was walking around trying to stalk a few which really turned more into exploring/scouting but did have some close encounters with a few but between fog a few mornings and thick brush couldn’t get a shot off. saw a bunch of whitetail. There’s some nice bucks out there. Also saw a scimitar oryx not sure where he came from. Loved using OnX app for the first time and it helped a ton. Place didn’t seem over crowded and after talking to quite a few people I know of at least 3 bulls were taken during this hunt period. Definitely will be putting in again for this hunt. Overall weather was good, like no wind everyday, and I learned a lot about the hunt area. Good luck to those on upcoming hunts.

Comment

Wow that does sound memorable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am sure I just missed them since I spent most of the time in the field but never saw a game warden or border patrol vehicle on the refuge. Rattlesnakes are around also so be careful.

Comment

You guys could use some corn

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    You guys could use some corn
                    Nilgai wont even look at corn anyway..My lease borders Teniette and have never seen them touch it or deer protein. Not even fresh cut alfalfa. Good luck out there, wish I got selected, were only allowed one nilgai/year (landowner rules) and the meat is great. My family can eat a 400pounder in 6months.

Comment

I can’t wait to get down there and stick one

Comment

Ground Sit

Hunted here a few weeks back. Passed on two small bucks.

Comment

Hunted Dec. 12-15. Saw a number of deer along with some running cow Nilgai that were spooked. I did see a couple of nice bulls leaving but at 100 yards. It was mid 80's with a full moon which may have been a factor. The last day I must have got into the chiggers so spray up.

Comment

Anyone hunting 1/9-1/12?

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                              Anyone hunting 1/9-1/12?
                              Me and two buddies are hunting 1/9-1/12. It will be first time at Teniente for all of us. Have you hunted there before?

Comment

Originally posted by Benson View Post
                                Hunted here a few weeks back. Passed on two small bucks.

https://youtu.be/w0Uy1s-eGn4
                                Ben, I sent you a Personal Message

Comment

Working...
                                X