This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    Tonight, at 2:42 a.m., Texas A&M will acknowledge the 20th anniversary of Bonfire collapse. My daughter, Texas A&M Class of 2022, is planning on attending. I can only hope that she comes away from it with a better understanding of the pride her Dad has in being an Aggie.
    Doesn’t seem like it has been 20 years.

Comment

It was a very moving ceremony

Tonight, at 2:42 a.m., Texas A&M will acknowledge the 20th anniversary of Bonfire collapse. My daughter, Texas A&M Class of 2022, is planning on attending. I can only hope that she comes away from it with a better understanding of the pride her Dad has in being an Aggie.
      Over 1,000 folks attended yet I didn’t hear a single loud voice. Extreme respect was shown from those attending. No one talking on cell phones and not one selfie visible. Makes me proud to be an AGGIE. I was one of the last to leave the parking lot and didn’t even hear any horn honking from the 45 minute traffic jam. GIG ‘EM AGGIES!

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
        I am sure a call to CDC and he can get it done! Being a lawyer and all...

Herman isn’t going anywhere! I love the fact that so many ags are concerned about Texas and our coaching problem! It’s appreciated!

I can tell you that no one that sits in my section has called for Herman’s head. Frustrating yes...but is it the end of the world? Not even close!
        Not the end of the world...but you will just remain a mediocre program and prolong future success.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          I was on the trade floor when it came on the news, dropped what I was doing and headed to College Station.
          Some things you never forget exactly where you were and what you were doing when they happen. I can remember this event, the shuttle explosion, and 911 like they just happened.

Comment

It sadly amusing how genuinely small the HC pool is that the same guys get hired and fired and hired around the league like what they couldnt get done at one school doesnt translate to the next gig....and it just recycles every 3-4 years..
            In the head coaching job market you only suck till youre a saviour apparently
            Last edited by systemnt; 11-18-2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Iowa St

Comment

Hard to believe it's been 20 years. It just doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I'm sure she's enjoying the experience!

Comment

I read up on Tua this morning and evidently they're talking full recovery expected. That's great to hear.

I do wonder how the coaching staff feels about leaving him in with that lead...but it could happen on any play, I guess. Praying he makes a full recovery and we see him back on the field soon.

Comment

I'll never forget that one. A good friend of mine had been working at the stack earlier that night, it was noon the next day before I got word that he was fine. Come to find out, another kid from up the street we grew up with was among the deceased, Chad Powell. Very sad.

Comment

I will say this about UT. They handled that entire tragedy with class. From offering to cancel the game, to supporting ATM in their grief, lighting their tower....
                      The half time honoring of ATM.....
                      And congratulating ATM on their comeback win......

Bitter rivals....but not that year

Comment

I was extremely ill with the flu that night, so I wasn't able to respond with other 1st respondents.

I did work the game and I must say, the UT band won that half time showing. Very classy!

Comment

****, LSU game next week is going to be at 6 pm on ESPN..... night game in death valley after 74-72 last year, and #1 ranking must win for playoffs game... man sounds like we got 'em right where we want 'em LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            I will say this about UT. They handled that entire tragedy with class. From offering to cancel the game, to supporting ATM in their grief, lighting their tower....
                            The half time honoring of ATM.....
                            And congratulating ATM on their comeback win......

Bitter rivals....but not that year
                            I was at the game and yes it was a day the rivalry was set aside.

Comment

My oldest son was a Freshman and had been helping cut the logs. I remember him saying how little the city kids knew about what they were doing and were very dangerous. He knew several of the kids that were killed that day.
                              It was a sad day....
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                It sadly amusing how genuinely small the HC pool is that the same guys get hired and fired and hired around the league like what they could not get done at one school does not translate to the next gig....and it just recycles every 3-4 years..
                                In the head coaching job market you only suck till youre a saviour apparently
                                Yep! I always wonder when coaches get fired just who is good enough or is there anyone good enough to get the job done. Same ole guys pop up every time that got run off from some where else. Then a new up and comer from lower divisions (like UofH and Sumlin and Herman and maybe a third guy) get his try. Then he gets in the rotation.

There are very very few #1's. Even the great one's run their course after awhile.

Coaching is like preaching. Every year your somewhere you **** off 10% of the population. After 5 years you have more than 50% ****** at you and hollering for your head. It's time to move on or get fired. Sometimes it doesn't even last that long.

As a coach you make your living off of 18-22 year olds on the field.

Off the field rich alumni that think they know whats best cause they donate money and build buildings.

Sure they make big money which is not what it is about for a true coach. Its about getting the best out of young people. Wanting to compete and match wits with other coaches. Every week you plan your best to stop and beat your opponent. All that week the other group is planning to stop and beat you. Somethings gotta give!

I have thought sometimes it would be like a fan watching a game on TV and both teams have their own announcers calling the game at the same time with the volume on high.

Everyone needs to try some of that!

Comment

Working...
                                X