Blazer Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blazer Bay

Anyone running a Blazer 2420 GTS? I am in the market in the next few months and have narrowed it down to a few that I have been around plus this boat I have no experience with. Have been looking online and will look at them next month at the upcoming boat show in Houston.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I looked at them when I was boat shopping. They seemed like nice boats. They didn’t really fit my style of fishing so I passed.

Comment

Nice rigs, I had a 675 and liked the full cap. The GTS is a Comfortable ride, plenty quick, dry. If you run skinny and expect to get up skinny that’s not your boat.

Comment

Just curious what others you have on the short list. Any cat hulls? I have a 2220 professional Blazer and really like it but its not a skinny boat. i hear some of the new cats eat the chop just as good or better than the v hulls. I haven't rode on many cats though.

Comment

I have little ones that will be fishing with me the in the coming years so looking for something family friendly for fresh and saltwater use. I had a 2010 Majek 22 Extreme but sold it to build a house.

Boats on my list are
          Majek 22 or 25
          Haynie HO or Mag
          Blazer 675 or 2420
          Pathfinder.

I’m really confused as the specs show a 10” draft for the 2420 and 675, and I like the layout extra cockpit space in the 2420 for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducks-n-Bucks View Post
            I have little ones that will be fishing with me the in the coming years so looking for something family friendly for fresh and saltwater use. I had a 2010 Majek 22 Extreme but sold it to build a house.

Boats on my list are
            Majek 22 or 25
            Haynie HO or Mag
            Blazer 675 or 2420
            Pathfinder.

I’m really confused as the specs show a 10” draft for the 2420 and 675, and I like the layout extra cockpit space in the 2420 for the kids.

I raised my kids in a 22 extreme, I always liked the Texas boats that you have on your list but now I have a Florida boat myself so I can't judge too much...

I've run my friends 24 blazer bay pulling tubers and wake boarders, nice stable boat but something about it I just didn't like in the water. The 24 blue wave pure bay is a comparable boat and feels a lot more "solid" than the blazer imo.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
              I raised my kids in a 22 extreme, I always liked the Texas boats that you have on your list but now I have a Florida boat myself so I can't judge too much...

I've run my friends 24 blazer bay pulling tubers and wake boarders, nice stable boat but something about it I just didn't like in the water. The 24 blue wave pure bay is a comparable boat and feels a lot more "solid" than the blazer imo.
              If the 10' draft is confusing you because guys are saying it isn't a shallow water boat. Their is no standard for figuring draft.
              A hull with a motor bolted to the transom and one starting battery with a cpl gallons of gas will draft a lot less than one that has a 10' setback jackplate, powerpole, 3-4 more batteries for your trolling motor and extra starting battery
              coolers full of ice and drinks, fishing gear, 40 gal of fuel, and a few people in it.
              now you need 16" of water to float and 2' to get up on step over a soft bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Ducks-n-Bucks View Post

Boats on my list are
                Majek 22 or 25
                Haynie HO or Mag
                Blazer 675 or 2420
                Pathfinder.

Most of those are going to draft about the same. Most are going to be more like 12" draft. Still shallow enough for the majority of what you'd want. If you want to fish the back lakes then you may want a cat or something like that but you will give up the ride and efficiency of the V hulls.

Look hard at the Haynie 23 and 25 Magnum. I'd also say add the 22' and 24' Tran XLR8 to your list to look at. Those are all solid boats.

Comment

I ran a blazer 2420 for 10 years, I mainly fished from Calcaseu to Galveston and on nice days ventured offshore with it. Nice boats, had a Yamaha hpdi 250 on it and would run right around 60 mph. Mid 50's with 4 people and 80 gallons of fuel. It will definately float in 18" of water maybe even 12. I could cut wake and jump up in 3' of water. Had a Bob's 10" hydraulic Jack plate and trim tabs on it. Would still have it but went back to bass fishing. Hull is same as a Pathfinder if you look at it close. So close that Pathfinder tried to sue them. Top layout is different.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                    If the 10' draft is confusing you because guys are saying it isn't a shallow water boat. Their is no standard for figuring draft.
                    A hull with a motor bolted to the transom and one starting battery with a cpl gallons of gas will draft a lot less than one that has a 10' setback jackplate, powerpole, 3-4 more batteries for your trolling motor and extra starting battery
                    coolers full of ice and drinks, fishing gear, 40 gal of fuel, and a few people in it.
                    now you need 16" of water to float and 2' to get up on step over a soft bottom
                    I didn’t reference draft but your example is accurate.

Comment

Working...
                    X